Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Using Cinema4D with FPSC.... can you help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 01:20 Edited at: 1st Oct 2006 01:24
I'm looking for a way to create may own character and be able to use them with FPSC.

I've used different 3D applications, but always seemed to have a problem with exporting animated DirectX files.

Tonight I digged up Cinema4Dv6CE from a CD and installed it. Download a free plugin to enable DirectX export. Created a simple animated model.

Exported it and opened it in Ultimate Unwrap3D and the model, texture, bones and animation were all present and working.

Now the big question..... is anyone using Cinema4D to create their models and animating them? Can you help me out on how to rig the models and export them for use in FPSC? That help would be so much appreciated. Perhaps someone even has a Cinema4D ready bones for FPSC that I can attach to my figures and learn from?

I mainly want to create some characters, creatures and a few weapons, but I've got nu clue on how to go on from here. I can do static objects, it's easy, but animated models is something else.

I'm willing to give something in return if you can help me out real well.... got not much money, but enough items on my website to choose from

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok i dont no how to do that but i am pretty good a modle exporting and i no for a fact that u have to have the file into x file then u have to rune the fpsc entity converter and if you can run that then you will have ur modle all ready to use

I like cereal
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 02:06
fpsc entity converter?

GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 02:30
bones are in the deformation menu, im on v9.5 with mocca, so i dont kno if it will be the same with v6, hope i helped

The Day will come when humanity ends.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 02:34
I know where the bones are, I know how to get static objects into FPSC.....I just don't know how to get an animated model into FPSC, making sure the animations do show up.

I've seen a ready to use skeleton for Mikshape and 3D Studio Max, does anyone have one that I can use in Cinema4Dv6?

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 02:37
sorry im tired and misread your post, its 1 am where i am, i will try and make a skeleton for you, i need one 2, i'll post it back here tomorrow and it won't be animated, but i hope it'll help u.

The Day will come when humanity ends.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 02:56
Cool, thanks looking forward to it!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 03:03
You might also want to get in touch with Seppuku; both in the 3 Dimensional Chat boards here, and in the OG Forums. He's recently posted quite a few C4D tutorials on the OG Forums (in his section "Bryn's Board"). I'm pretty sure he's done character animation with C4D.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:21:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:21:48