Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Torch(Flashlight) WIP

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Been doing some testing for a while and this is a small vid on a flashlight ive been working on.

This is a wip and the torch is not placed in the right place at the moment.

Please note that the torch is taken from fpsc and will not be for download at any time.

Comments are welcome

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Predator boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 18:42
any screenies?

"I'm a lean mean speed thingy!" "What about my womanly needs?" "Send the kids to the neighbors cuz i'm coming back loaded!"
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:09
it seems very good from the video... will you be releasing the files needed to make the flashlight work, and just not the model?

_Ken sent me
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:10
Predator boy, Watch the movie... unless you've never seen a picture of a bright spot in the dark.

s4real, It's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like the torch has unlimited distance. Can you tell us any more about it?

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:20 Edited at: 1st Oct 2006 19:21
s4 nice work first off. One of the better paths to take I think I've seen. Least it turns on and off. A little tightening up and you'll probly have something there.

As for releasing it or any scripts, or information personally, this kinda goes with what we talked about last night on AIM, but I'd password the installer my self. Give the pass to the forum regulars via aim or email....Anyone thats ever thanked you for an item/texture...Screw the majority of the members on this forum. They never appreciate anything anyways. Maybe if a few of the bigger free contributors of the forums starts doing things like this people would get off their butts and write a couple lines that sound something like a "Thank-you".

I know I could have said this to you personally but I don't really care if most these people think im a jerk.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:24
Quote: "I know I could have said this to you personally but I don't really care if most these people think im a jerk"

I don't think you're a jerk. You bring up strong points. I try to say "Thank You" to whatever threads I tread in. I know how poeple feel when no one leaves comments. I (having no modeling skills) release free music, and seldom get very many replies.

_Ken sent me
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:34
Quote: "I (having no modeling skills) release free music, and seldom get very many replies.
"

I'm thinking that's what's happening to my scripts

S4Real, this one looks pretty nice, I'm assuming when you pick up the flashlight it activates a script that is constantly checking if your pressing a key no matter where you are, and in turn showing the hud?

My Apps:
Decal Maker
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:42
Zaibatsu, you wouldn't think I'm a jerk....You say thanks all the time. The above statement is directed to others and they know whom they are. I can probly count the people that say thank-you on my hands and maybe one foot.....Those are the people I'd give the passwords to. But thats even saying he was going to release this. Just talking to him, from what I gather, this is more of a WIP as the thread states, and probly won't be released publically anyways. He just asked me if we could model a better torch(flashlight for us Americans) for it. I guess all he was doing was showing it anyways...but hes having tea with the wife right now...lol

Pip, pip...cherio, all that ole fair.( My Queens English immatation)
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 19:58
Quote: "flashlight for us Americans"

I'm American...

_Ken sent me
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 21:48
S4

That's some nice work! I think you should add a bit of light coming from the endo of the torch too!

Torches are hard to do though man, and that looks nice.

Locrian.

I'm tending to agree with you man, but I think that if you did your plan, you'd just be overwhelme with people asking for the password.
I think that perhaps it's just one of those annoyances you have to accept. I too hate when people download and run. Just look at how many hits the flamer got, compared to it's comments.
I'm thinkin of having a page on my site, not listed in the nav, that I can tell the address to those people I want to get my stuff. Then just upload it there.

butters

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 21:57
that's pretty awesome

Take my survey please!
My Upcomming Media Pack
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 01:34 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 01:42
s4real,
Another stroke of genius.
Good job.
@Locrian,
That's why I quit posting stuff for download a while back.
I have posted some stuff on here since then but you would have better luck finding my stuff on my board at Ozark Games...or on my site (when I get it running again).
I am not really concerned if anybody thanks me,flames me,makes any comments or even appreciates anything I post for download anymore.
I do it simply because I want to.
But I can understand,appreciate and even agree with your point of view.
I especially agree if you post something for beta testing.
The reason behind that is so people test it and give you feedback.
I don't think you are a jerk.
If people download something they can at least say thanks.
While I don't give a hoot if anybody thanks me personally I think that if someone downloads something that someone uploaded and contributed to the communtiy for free that they ought to be thanked by anyone who uses it,downloads it,etc.
Our parents all taught us manners.
We should use them.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 01:41 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 15:39
Thanks for the comments.

As butter fingers has said a torch is hard to do but the idea is to have a fully working torch/flashlight in fpsc.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 08:02
Well I guess I'll update this since the video kinda looks like crap in comparison now and S4 had to get some sleep. If you guys notice there was a delay when turning it on and off where the hud for the flashlight is outta sync with the light of the room. Well all thats straightened out and basically "f" turns it on and "g" will turn it off, and its all in sync after a night of transfering files over Aim. Next things to do are make a little better light hud then the test one, and do up a real torch/flaslight with some hands and animations. I'm sure you'll be seeing another video soon and probably ingame in S4's own project as well as the one him and I share when thats ever released.

Stay tuned to this same Bat channel kiddies.......
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 15:45 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 16:32
As you can see locrian and myself have been working on this project and here is a new update.

Update :

Full working torch(flashlight).

Switch's on and off.

Works with a weapon.

check out the vid on youtubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-w6npxaYA
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 16:05
Cool video.
Good job on the flashlight,guys.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow thats fantastic. Makes me want to rethink opting not to get the FPSC update.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx for the comments Errant AI

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:20:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:20:13