Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 06:14 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2006 09:11
I downloaded your FPSC animation rigging tutorial, very helpful. I've come across a little problem when trying to fix the vertices though. On certain areas the vertices aren't snaping into place.

Screen Shot:

The + sign is showing dark red instead of blue whenever I select the vertex. Any idea how to fix this?
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 06:59 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 07:05
Keep in mind that the tutorial is VERY basic, it's more about getting a quick and usable result rather than a comprehensive rigging job.

The red vertices indicate deformable vertices, which usually aren't compatible with game engines. Although I don't mention it in the tutorial, when initializing physique, you should really change the "vertex-link assignment" to "rigid" in the initialization dialog.

No big deal though, you can still fix this using envelopes or manually typing in weights.

So, if you're not getting the results you want, then its time to start digging a little deeper. Try messing around with the envelopes in the forearm/hand area. Click on the little "+" sign next to the physique modifier and select "envelope" and start messing with the values.

And then from there, if you REALLY want to fine tune things, then start messing with the "type in weights" dialog box to manually assign weighting to each bone.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
VirusPunk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 09:14 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2006 09:15
Awesome, I started over and set "vertex-link assignment" to "rigid" and the results were better, thanks a lot.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 14:32:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 14:32:06