Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Create a simple game to get experiance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 13:44 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 13:46
Hey, i purchased a copy of DB Pro about 5months ago now, i did a few tutorials but because of my course at uni i didnt really have time to do it. I have managed to get back into the swing of things and now want to start to create games again.

During the summer i had a rest from DB and decided to concentrate on music, however this has also been an inspiration because i can now compose a few songs for a game if needbe.

I have lost most of my knowledge but if any beginner wants to work on a small game, probably 2D for now but maybe 3D then just add me to your msn at sharkadder@hotmail.com

Like i say its to gain experiance really

I will soon pick it up again anyways. cheers

(1)create something new, (2)update that something new to make it more enjoyable and look nicer, (3)when bored of that idea repeat (1)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 13:59
This months newsletter has the first of a 3-part tutorial on writing a full game (Space Invaders). It might be a good place to start.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/data/newsletter/newsletter_issue_45.html#9

First Person Shooters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 17:37 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 17:39
Nice 1, thanks

Id still prefer to do something with other beginners because it means you dont do everything yourself, each person can do there own part and people have different strengths in different areas dont the.

Thanks for the info anyways, apprechiated

(1)create something new, (2)update that something new to make it more enjoyable and look nicer, (3)when bored of that idea repeat (1)
Mallex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2006 20:00 Edited at: 2nd Oct 2006 20:51
Why not?... I'll add you on MSN
sirdope
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 03:25
ill add you, might be a good experience to learn as im a noobie as well
First Person Shooters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 11:54
ok nice 1, thats 3 other programmers i have who are willing to all work on this, anymore is apprechiated but be patient this will tke a while to develop into something to be happy with.

If anybody else fancies it then just add me on the address above, and plus if anybody knows any good sites for worlds then just post a link in a reply to this topic.

cheers

BigE
Years of Service
User Offline
Sign me up as well. This should be a good experience for me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:31:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:31:22