Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Collision/IF/For error?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 21:10
Hey, I am working on a game I started from a tutorial (forgot which one) and I got stuck. I use DBC for now, plan on getting pro on Christmas. The game was working fine untill I added the ability to shoot. The bullet object (11) stays in the center of the player object (10) at all times. However, this triggers a collision that stops the player from moving. I have tried a couple things but nothing has worked. Here is the collision code (objects 1-5 are block objects, the ones the player is supposed to collide with):

Here is the rest of the program if you can't find it in the above snippet:

Normally I wouldn't post code for error finding but I've been trying to find this thing for two or three days now...

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy Sassone
H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 23:45
The easiest solution would be to use "set object collision off" until the bullet is actually shot, at which time you can turn it on. Also, just a coding tip, you can change

To just

Timmeh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 02:11
Quote: "Also, just a coding tip, you can change

To just

"

sorry bout that, it was supposed to be:

so that is only checks the blocks.

I gotta go eat. I'll try your solution after I'm done, thanks!
Timmeh

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:38:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:38:28