Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / book intresting if you get the right 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i need to no which book i would get to make a 3d game in dbpro, i think hands on dbopro vol2 covers 3d but im not sure and i dont whant to wast money buying the wrong book. Also this book does it exsplain collision,And another thing my game will be set in a city so useing a hieght map for just a terrain wouldnt be that ideal

thanks darkdonkey!

http://www.darkdonkeygraphics.tk
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 19:29
i bought this book and its really good on getting you to understand alot of the basics around game programming in dbp.
it handles all the aspects of game making with dbp but is in one single book so some stuff are really little written about.
both 2d and 3d games and multiplayer games.
iam still waiting for hands on dbopro vol 1-2 havent got them yet.
i learned alot of stuff in the core commands in dbp in this book.

http://www.course.com/catalog/product.cfm?category=Game%20Development&subcategory=Programming%20Techniques&isbn=1-59863-287-6

i hope its helpeing you
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 20:53 Edited at: 4th Oct 2006 22:32
i thought the basics of dark basic programming was for dbc

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 05:09
Nice siggy there DD. Not quite a donkey, but nice all the same. You want me to buy that book first, and check it out for you? (I still need TextureMaker3 and those WWII models, but that book looks very interesting to me.) Yes, it covers collision. It also covers multiplayer...and just about everything else, too.

btw, 3D Canvas makes terrains...I didn't know that when I bought it. It exports in .x, but I was happy that it did terrains at all...its for models and animation!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 17:54
dark donkey....
?????
have you even checked the link this is the new second edition for dbp only?
look at the title of the book ( darkbasic pro game programming second edition )
tgc havent started to sell it them selfs yet.
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
jinzai your back i fought you had gone some wer you wernt emailing me o well, also i dont reqest that you buy that book its just wasting your money i no some one in a prodject im working in how has just bough it. 3d canvas the free version is what i have but when you go to export ther is no option to export as x.

Also with the sig i have a better one but thats way too big to be a sig

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2006 03:57 Edited at: 6th Oct 2006 03:57
Dark Donkey, its time you spent some time adjusting your message content.
From your IP address you live within an english speaking nation and should attempt to correct some spelling mistakes.
If you download firefox and add the spelling extension you might learn new words on the way and improve your typos.

People will ignore help if its rife with spelling mistakes, it carries on into your coding thoughts and creates messy code.

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2006 14:46
DD...no I'm still on the job, mate. No worries.

Why not e-mail me your file, and I will convert it for you? I could try to make a bsp out of it. You can send me the scene file. Does it let you save that? I am e-mailing you today, or tomorrow.

@indi I understand your concern, and appreciate that you are a mod, but:
There are still lot of spelling and syntax errors here. I understand DD fine, as do many others. The situation is unique in this case for a couple of reasons. Its not just DD, either.
There seems to be a minimum requirement for style and grammar here...also for question content. Its a little, "like me good, not like me bad". That is unacceptable human interaction in any case.
I do not feel intimidated by the people at this site, not in the least. I am shamed when such intelligent people are so selfish with their intellect that they refuse to share it with others in a manner that does not belittle them. DD and others have been unfairly flamed before...it is ridiculous.
I would like to say to those that ridicule others in this manner that you do not have a monopoly on the language. It is not in anyone's best interest to act smug about knowledge you have that others do not. That is elitist, and also...stupid.
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks jinzai ill send you my file when i get back on

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:27:30