Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Working Flashlight/torch

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 06:27 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 06:41
Flashlight feature's:

Switch's on and off.
Works with weapon.
activate anywhere in ya level.

Id just say that we're going to be releasing the flashlight/torch to a few choosen people on the forum...you guys kinda know whom ya are and sorry for making you join a forum to get it but its the only way to PM the people we want to have it.

So go over to :
http://3ddesign.out-lawz.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0

cheers

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 06:34
Get realy for all those joining to find out. lol

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 06:37 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 06:45
S4 wasn't sure how to put this so he asked me. I told him it's fine that we release this but were not giving this out to everyone. Sorry ya guys would have to join a forum to get it but we know allot don't use AIM.

Your name should be the same as here on the forum and your email address should match the one listed here to confirm no ones taking anothers name. Do'nt have an email listed and your an valued member?...Get hold of us we'll work it out and get it to ya.

Look. I know this is peddy and I don't care. Don't like it, don't be a moron. If your making moronic post don't waste your time joining the site cause no ones PM'in the url for the zip. Figure it out on your own.

http://3ddesign.out-lawz.com/forum/index.php?topic=27.0
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 06:40
I dont care how many join Blondie....Only going to pm a few back. Its real easy to delete members plus then I have their IPS so I never ever have to deal with them again no matter what name they use. Kinda a one time deal, and the way were going to handle our better freebies. I mean theres still stuff I know I'll post here....but nothing I'd actually care about.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 06:54
Oh I understand completely why you are doing it.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 07:19
I've been over to your site.
Looks nice.
I understand why you are doing what you are doing too.
I've been known to release a model only on a certain site or just to certain people.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Good stuff. I owe you guys one.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 08:25
GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 08:35
So how do I get it ?

For Free objects go to www.freewebs.com/freefpsstuff
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
THis stuff kept me up a couple hours past my bedtime. Thanks and thanks again.

In case there was any question that this is fantastic...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 15:06 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 16:21
@Errant ai : Glad you liked it,I like what you done to it errant ai taken it a step further.

Nice work.

@Fredp : Thanx for the comments.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 16:39
Good looking site s4real. Best of luck and yell if you need help.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 17:07 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 17:08
Good method for weeding out some people Maybe I should do this for my script pack

Though how exactly can the flashlight 'light up' things? It seemed to do that in your video, though I didn't think an image could do that. Good work though

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 17:36 Edited at: 5th Oct 2006 18:00
@Airslide
Thats part of the work around for it Airslide. You'll need to look at the script. Also read the readme thats included. It works off the difference between ambience=13 and ambience=7. The hud is just to "mimic" flashlight conditions. It dosen't provide the real light.

And about the method used to distribute:
Yeah this seems to have worked out fine. The people we'd given this to anyways were pretty much the only people that joined. Only a couple names I've never heard of, and thier easily ignored....I'm thinkin probly anyone I've everbeen condescending and sarcastic to was smart enough to not join for the most part....but like I said...theres a couple extra names.

I mean you cant really stop anyone from taking your media but basically the guys that could get in and take stuff from a beta game, are basically the guys we'd give stuff to anyways....It's the ones that can't, that fill our communities forum with bullcrap. So it all works out.

@Errant AI
I have to agree with S4 man...like the nightvision look. Yeah, theres a few things you can do with this method. Flashlights, night vision. A little more scripting and a flame decal could be set up for like lighting a torch on a wall. It'll be nice to see some of the variants people come up with.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
I emailed s4real the files, he can forward them on to you Locrian, et al.

Now I gotta learn what I can about texture swapping. I'd love to see a bright IR laser beam in NV mode. Maybe a little flicker or head bobble to it.

Gotta run. Silly job-search assistance metting with the Kali gooberment.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 20:42
This model of a torch is the best solution to date and certainly good enough to be used in real games. My hat is off to you all. I still don't know who all was involved, but great work.

Thanks.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 21:21
@xplosys
Ahh, but dose it really matter who all was involved. Even your work with the scancodekeypressed variable is acknowledged and has become part of this. As different variations of this will most certainly permeate the community, in a sense, all contributing members, be their part large or small, accept your words of gratitude.

Was that to over the top? Blast this sense of dramatic flair.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 22:32
Quote: "Was that to over the top? Blast this sense of dramatic flair. "

Ahhhh...... Yeah.

GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 07:50
Man why don't you just post it on the formus it would be easyer

"I wanna be a mongose"
For free FPS stuff go to www.freewebs.com/fpsfreestuff
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 10:08
Casue, if you didn't read this wasnt a public release....This was more for the old timers and people that contribute.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 10:29
Quote: "Man why don't you just post it on the formus it would be easyer"

This is one of the reasons that they chose not to release this publicly to the forums...there are those that choose not to read posts,are ungrateful,lazy,etc.

The same reasons that some members have chosen not to release their stuff for free or on these forums anymore.

If you had bothered reading the whole thread you would know why they aren't releasing it here.
I have to agree with their reasoning.
At times I have chosen not to release stuff here or just to release stuff to certain people.
It is my choice just like it is their choice not to release the flashlight mod to the general public.
I think you are going to see people get a lot more picky about how they release stuff.

Crimson Night
Years of Service
User Offline
I signed up (under crimsonnight) and PMed s4real from his forum and also sent him an email over a week ago but I still haven't had a reply and I really need this file... could one of you please send it to me?

www.crimsonnight.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:33:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:33:32