Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Menu with image

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 16:40
:-s ok i'm not exactly new to programming but however i still don't know a HUGE amount about DB, i am currently working on a game, i've got almost all of the game mechanics working BUT i can get a menu screen with a bitmap behind it, everything i've seen in the way of examples and such all have just a plain colour for the back screen and every time i try to put an image in the background the sceen just comes up blank... Any ideas?? i would be very greatful

Levanthus
fallen_carpathia@yahoo.co.uk
Redostrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 17:45
Make an image the same height and width as your screen. EX(800*600) For you background. call it back.bmp or something like that.

Make some other images that says "START GAME" or "OPTIONS" what you need in your menu. Use the folling code:

Hope this helps.

PS: I don't know how to get a transperent background for your menu images if anyone else can help him whit this. Or if you know it's ok then.

Only heroes live forever
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 20:09
why not use some sprites? i have a nice little menu package i can email you if you like, just tell me the name of your game, and the release number, e.g. V1.0 I did this same thing for 'team assault' send me an email, and i'll sned it you.

[url=mailto:ben@v21.me.uk]Ben's Email address[/url]

Tha D'lithi'om CRR'ist'lls Can'na Tek it Cap'n!
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 20:11 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 20:13
damn

ben@v21.me.uk

Tha D'lithi'om CRR'ist'lls Can'na Tek it Cap'n!
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2003 23:50
What I do is have a 3D plain as a background (with the texture animated), and everything else as sprites.

See my F-Eight demo for an example.

Good news everyone! I really am THAT good...
http://www.nickk.nildram.co.uk/ for great plug-ins - oh my, yes!
CloseToPerfect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2003 00:46
this souce show a menu routine I used in my blocks game in the the program section http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=8118&b=5
it has a animated background with a image on it with clickable areas.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:53:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:53:49