Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Fence Segment 3 (freeware GPL)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2006 14:39 Edited at: 17th Nov 2006 22:41
New fence segment 3.
Comes with a installer and paths should be right now.
Let me know if any problems.
Download.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 00:11
Nice Textureing

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 01:07
The boards are to wide for a fence. You can get like 6 boards per the height of the fence. Fences are going to be 6-8ft tall. This makes each board 1-1.3 ft wide. First off there is no commercial boards in a 1'4(1.3)" width. And even say it's a 6 foot fence and not an 8 ft.....There still 1ft wide....Who uses 1x12 for fences?...No one....Ever.

Looks good other wise..It's a nice wood texture ya found there but in your paint program take that layer and compress it then double it and move the new layer over to make up your texture. 1x6 are going to be allot more in proportion.

part of making a good looking game is getting the propotions right and not just the look. But again nice wood texture and model. Just not a good fence yet
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 01:19
I take it you have never live on a farm then?
If you go out to the sawmills you buy boards that are uncut and that wide or more.
You get three times what you would pay for at your home depot for one board.
I know this is more city looking but just trying to add a different view for you to look at.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 01:41 Edited at: 7th Oct 2006 01:57
Candle I've lived on farms....My family has roads named after them in a little town here in Mid Michigan. I've also worked in construction for 17 years.

And again....no one ever, ever makes a fence with those width of boards. Not even farms. Farms for one thing don't use solid fences. If they do a picket type fence thats what it is....pickets....1x3...1x4...1x6. 1x12 are only used on buildings cause it takes a pretty big tree to get those boards from. Fences take a lower step on the ladder of whats needed and what most farmers are willing to part with. House/outbuildings(meaning:chicken coups,pig pens,outhouses,corncrib,etc all)/barns are the first priority, fences are generally built of scraps.

Don't really matter to me...I'm just clueing ya in man. You've done other nice work. This particular piece of work is just outta proportions....No harm no fowl man....just saying.

There are certain things that people will pick up on whether they know exactly what their looking at or not. In doing things for the game I'm working on S4 submitted a block texture that was a little oversize. Even if people don't know that blocks are 16"wide, 9 3/4"tall, and 8' deep when they see a texture that the blocks look bigger, they know. It's kinda like a reflex of the mind to draw on shapes and sizes it commonly sees. So even if a farmer could get a board milled at 1'4" wide he never would. For one thing it's to much money for a farmer. So this is why people would never see a fence with this proportion of wood. Now if that texture was on a barn or building, we could see it more. But even then there would be boards of 8 and 6" widths mixed in.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 07:58
oh gees it's a fence and this game isnt on a true scale anyways.... If it was then there would be no need to tweek things as your working on your map.

Candles great contribution...

Locrain you do very excellent work and if anybody who knows there stuff around here it has to be you... I myself just dont see the need to be so critical over a fence... Just an opinion

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 09:15
@Clips
Don't make a difference....said that...but like anyone, when you post a model your going to get comments....My comments were the models fine and texture he used as a base for the fence was great. The other stuff was to help him then he got all "Bet you never lived on a farm huh" on me. That's when I broke it down.

Really you should read my post a lil closer before ever trying to correct me Clips. You know I never post unless I know what I'm talking about. I have restraint when it comes to using the "Post Message" button belive it or not.

It may be fine for most these guys games....I just know he can do better. Nothing wrong with pushing a fellow member to aspire to what we know he's capable of.
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 18:23
It's cool CLiPs, Locrian took the time to point some things out thats all. no harm done, if he didn't care he wouldn't of said anything at all.
We are all friends here.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:39:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:39:07