Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Entity Maker Problem?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a simple pack of smokes model in 3ds max..than i exported it in x..than i used the entity maker....and in the little preview window of entity maker where you take the snapshot of the entity..the pack of smokes looks fine and its texure is just fine...

but when i load up fps creator...and put it in the game...

its like...well the texture isnt showing up..its just showing up all white...

anyone know what might be the problem?

Mess with the best....Die like the rest.

*Acid Burn*
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 08:11
hmmm odds are your fpe file isnt pointing to the correct texture file. double check your fpe file first and if that doesnt help I would be willing to take a peek and see why it isnt working for ya.

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Rune
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i figured out how to make the texture work..for some reason when i use entity maker and i tell it where the texture is or rather what its called it converts it to an entity..but when i looked at the texture it actually REPLACED the original with the SNAPSHOT it has you take in entity maker. So i just put the original texture in its place...and it worked...

weird..anyone else have this problem with entity maker? It replacing the source textures with the snapshot you take?

so i figured that out..but now i need to figure this out...

when i go near the small pack o smokes..welli cant even get near them..it starts getting pushed away when im fairly far away from it....should i set collison to polys instead of box or something?

cause right now i actually ended up walking near it..and it started "running" away from me ahah and it actually got pushed outside the map..hmm

*Acid Burn*
Rune
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured out why it was replacing my texture....cause i was using a bmp instead of a tga...if you use a bmp it overrides it with the screenshot it takes..so thats all good but im still troubled with its size or what not. When i go to place it the AURA looking thing of the entity is HUGE..so you cant get close to it without it moving....

so i tried reducing the SIZE of it or what not and it just made the entire thing smaller..the whole friggin pack of smokes and the green aura..

anyone know what might be goin on?

*Acid Burn*
Rune
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i cant figure out why its green aura is so big so here are all the files if you wanna help me..maybe you can check em out and figure out what im doing wrong.

help would be greatly appreciated

*Acid Burn*

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rune
Years of Service
User Offline
this is gettign nutts...i got the green aura down..so i can actually get close to the tiny box o smokes but they wont sit on a table or floor..they just FLOAT above everything..they wont go on the ground! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

*Acid Burn*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:39:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:39:01