Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I think this question is in the right catagorie...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey im just wonderin' if its possible and HOW to take models from games such as quake, halflife, counter strike, battle field 2, etc. Thanks!!!

Order your custom designed website at axifer.com!
axifer designs
Years of Service
User Offline
oh and btw i know its illegal to sell the games u make them with.

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 20:43
yes its possible, dunno how though

Must refrain from slang type!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 21:23
Illegal to distribute free as well. So no point in telling you how. Id worry about figuring out this engine prior to figuring out how to take media. Then again if your wanting to "mod" a particular game your in the wrong forum.

Basically anyone asking this type of question wouldn't know what to do with the media once they actually extracted it. So explaining "HOW", as you put it, far exceeds the scope of these forums which is intended for FPSC related media.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 21:57
I thought the objective of FPSC was to "Make Your Own" first person shooter games.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

axifer designs
Years of Service
User Offline
omfg. i know how to use the engine, but i was wondering how to take quake4 models .qk4 and make them 3ds or .x . I guess, ill search for a converter...

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 22:34
OMFG, WTF, OMG?? ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111 WOW! OMG, WTF!

--

Go away, please.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 22:48 Edited at: 7th Oct 2006 22:49
theres nothing wrong with game modding, it helps us to realise what comemrcial quality should look like.

Half-life, you will need to look up SMD importers, Milkshape can do this, but not for HL2 (i think) and there are 3ds max importers everywhere, same applies for Doom 3/Quake, with MD5 and Anim importers.

you can find the models and there maps in the .pak archives (games such as D3 and FarCry) which can easily be opened with WinRAR

i havent tried Battlefield 2, but i should assume EA want to guard their media more than others, could be wrong though, google it.

p.s guys, he knows he cant sell them or distribute them freely.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 23:06
So Jon? Shouldn't this be asked on a hl2 site...Or Battlefield? There some reason this crap permeates our community other then it's accessible to more children because of its price?

I don't knock you for trying to help these people. Don't try stepping on my toes either by directing a comment to the ones that know where he's going with this. If he was interested in "Modding" a game he'd be on that kind of site. Here he is though. Asking the community to help him in his endeavors. I can't wait for future post from this guy....Also can't wait till your pack starts moving it's way around the forums once people start cracking the betas people will eventually use your weapons pack in.....Maybe I should write a tutorial on how to crack the betas and extract the media.

Wasn't expecting that kinda response from you...Really I wasn't.

Just because you have the knowledge of how a bomb can be made is it morally responsible to post it for the whole world to see?

Just because the question posed wouln't kill people, makes it no less a moral standings qestion. There are no grey areas in life. It's either right or wrong.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Well... There's modding. And then there's ripping.

IMO, taking assets frome one game engine and putting them in another is not really modding.

axifer, if you want to learn how to rip HL assets, go to an HL modding forum. If you want to rip BF2 assets, go to a BF2 modding forum. etc, etc, etc. Heck, there's probabily several user made tools and tons of info out there on how to do it. Just look in the right places.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 23:13
i respect your opinion locrian, and you are 100% right, he should go off and ask a modding community, this isnt the place, thats why i gave him the basics so he can run off and do it himself.

they shouldnt be asking these questions, which is why i just wanted to nudge him off out of the question so he can figure the rest out himself.

axifer designs
Years of Service
User Offline
i was just wondering...shoot me.

axifer designs
Years of Service
User Offline
btw thx john.

freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2006 21:20
yeh axifer just use google.

Project:V, where something always lies in the shadows...
Formerly Crazy Al

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:30:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:30:22