Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to load functions from another .dba?

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I have two .dba files loaded in my dbpro project. I tried simply calling the function from the main source file but it didn't work.

http://3dfolio.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 10:23 Edited at: 11th Oct 2006 10:30
It does work, so there must be something else wrong. How have you added the second dba file? Have you called the function correctly? What is the error message?

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I found the problem. I was trying to include the second source file from a subdirectory. Can I not do this?

http://3dfolio.com
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 17:50
It depends on the editor you are using. It's OK in Blue IDE, and newer versions of CodeSurge. I presume the default editor is OK with it.

If you've moved your project to another folder, make sure the references in the dbpro file don't have full paths. You can check it in Notepad.

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 20:04 Edited at: 12th Oct 2006 20:05
Do you mean another directory which is not a subdirectory of the project directory? I have a directory in my Projects directory for common dba files...it is named 'source'. When I want to use one of the files in a project...I include it like this:
#include "../source/filename.dba"

You can add multiple source files from the Project Summary window, under the files tab...that eliminates the need for include, and also makes it easier to navigate between source windows.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 09:30:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 09:30:43