Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Here's an idea...

Author
User Deleted
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 11:54
Hi folks,

It's great to see the media board exploding with new content, but currently there's no index to this sea of entities and segments. I had this idea the other day, i don't have the ability to carry it but i thought i would think aloud anyway.

Why not create a Community Bonus Pack, similar to videogame CBP's. It would include work from many individuals covering a wide variety of media, scripts included. This way you can generate a large pack with an index, listing all the collective goodies inside.

Sorry if this idea has been brought forward before, but i thought i would bring it out onto the boards to see what people think. Obviously it would require a website to host and advertise the pack, including credits and such.

I find it hard to believe the idea hasn't surfaced before.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 17:31
I would also like to include more of the content here for download on fpsFREE.com. The issue I have is with content license. A lot of the content here is shown without license and while most of it describes how it may be used (freely, commercial games, etc.) almost none of it states a clear distribution or redistribution statement.

I have contacted some of the original artists of content that I thought was of a little higher quality or demand and asked permission to redistribute it. Hosting or allowing downloads of other peoples content is a sticky situation, even when they freely post it here for the community.

That has been my holdup to not having more of it on my site anyway. If you can find a way to solve that, then I think your idea is a good one. Otherwise, we will have to continue with the "content" threads that start out with a band and quickly fizzle into non-updated status.
Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 18:47
Everything I release here now and now goes back to everything before but my Game Menu is under the GPL You can get a copy of the GPL there.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 22:21
You can host anything that I have done on your site and use the same license as you used for the other stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:29:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:29:20