Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / File browser problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 17:24
Don't know what is wrong or how to get around it at line
273 i should be able to use the set dir command i though to work but it doesnt for some reason. could realy use help on this one been scratching my brain over it for a day now.

Download zip file has images and source inside 640k
source in dbpro

this is my first real program i have attempted and its not going so well

A child's dream never dies.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 00:02
Are you sure this is your latest code? I got so many errors I gave up, without even getting to line 273 yet . Double-check you posted your latest code.

-H4ck1d

smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 03:31
Runs perfect for me. downloaded the file i uploaded an ran it fine. make sure your launching it from the smaller of the 2 dba files cause one has setting for project build in it. also make sure you dont run it from inside the zip file cause it wont run along with many other apps from inside there.

H4ck1d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 05:27
There's a dba file and a dbpro file, I opened the dbpro project. I get an error at line 68, that "4#" is not a valid variable name . And that goes for all of your variables that start with a number. So I couldn't compile it.

Aside from that, from looking at your code, if I were you I would check the checklist quantity to make sure the value you're putting into the "checklist string$()" command is valid. Also it probably isn't necessary to be using all floats in your program, integers should probably work fine.

Hope that helps!

-H4ck1d

Prosaic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 16:52
Tip:If you want to go to the previous folder "UP" ,which im guessing is your problem , use set dir ".." ,and get dir$ to get the new path .
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 06:44
I am well aware of that prosaic and no that is not the problem.

The problem is an error when using the checklist string to return the current file name. It works properly when applied in a text statment but when set dir and checklist are used together it returns an invalid checklist number. Witch is funny cause the exact same command is being used to print the text and for the set dir. within the same loop so the values arent chaning either so it shouldnt return an error

Prosaic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 10:13
.apologiez.that was my main prob, on my explorer . Your code is too complex to debug so i asumed .
Prosaic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 10:34
that works for me.let us know.
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 13:24
all you did is change the # infont of the variables so it would run on your systems. i never had problems running it just need to be able to set dir using the currently selected checklist item #
Well i tried my hardest to get it to work was hopping on finishing refining and fine tuning the final product and throwing it out on db forums as a really nice litttle broser peeps could toss into their code or as a stand alone exe that could interact with other apps. time to put it to rest apparetly. Thanks for your time.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:30:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:30:22