Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How to rig a Character in Milkshape

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 11:00
Its very easy in Milkshape.

1. Turn off the animation player-button.
2. Press the vertex button. (Not faces button!)
3. Work with two angles of the character. (Front and back.)
4. Select a bodypart to rig.. (The body or bones are good to start with.)
5. Select the vertex You want to "glew" to the bone. (The front of the Character first.)
6. Then press "Assign"...
7. Repeat step 5 and 6... (But this time the Characters back.)

Now one bodypart is rigged! Continue to make this to all bodyparts, and Your Character shourld be ready in notime... It can be hard to choose the right vertex in the beginning, but after a while You will learn how to do it right...
Good Luck!

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 20:37
simple, but y did you post this, did someone ask for it on another thread or something??

Must refrain from slang type!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 21:12
Yep a Guy had probs with this, why?

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 21:20
just curious, tend to be about random things like this

Must refrain from slang type!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2006 22:36
I dont know if You need this info, but newbies might be happy to learn how to rig a Character.. Milkshape is easy to work with, and it saves alot of time, but if You are making Your own animations as well, then I wourld recommend CharacterFX.. It makes really smooth animations...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 03:39
Mr Love,
When I used Milkshape to rig a mesh to the FPSC bones that Bullshock gave out... it was small.
When I resized it, then the guns he held were abnormallly large.
I want to use Milkshape, but got frustrated after my first character looked great but was too small.
Everyone else uses Bullshock's bones, so what I am doing wrong?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 04:47
I did try Bullshocks skeleton as well, the only thing that came up was the head bone, and some other bone, not even close to a full skeleton. But that was a long time ago though.. But if You have the full skeleton, DONT change the size of it! (Just zoom it in..) Change the size of Your Character instead.. It seems like You are using the wrong x-exporter, You shourld not use 8.0.. When You use the right exporter (JT) then make sure that You have the correct export-settings.. The normal Milkshape x-export size is 0.1 (ten times smaller than FPSCs Characters.) So make sure to change this to 1.0 thats it! But You might need to change some other settings as well, so take a look at this picture.. (It shourld make Your x-files smaller as well..)
Theese settings is perfect for FPSC:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 06:10 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 06:35
Thanks Mr Love.
I'll play around with Milkshape some more.

Edit
Now he's invisible. What else I need to do to fix that?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 10:55
Sounds strange... Do You use v1.03? I was playing around with some wall-segments for about an hour ago, and two walls became invisible just like that? I cant explain this eather.. I use v1.03 and it is possible that there is a serious bug in this version. Can You walk thru Your enemy or does the collision system works as it shourld? I dont know how You imported Your model, but if You didnt use TGCs Entity Maker, move Your .tga or .dds file and Your Characters x-file to the User map. If You can see Your Character textured in that little window, then it shourld work in FPSC as well. If thats the case then it seems like it is a serious bug in version 1.03!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:35:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:35:20