Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Animating the darkmatter 1 Models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi i just got DBPro and darkmatter 1 and was wondering how you would use the seperate animated meshes as a player character? Could anyon help?

I know what your thinking
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 22:27
Have a look at APPEND OBJECT. Or, if you wanted to you could swap between two objects that have different animations.

Ummm...
LarryGJ
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I have the same question, and that is this: is there a way to create a .dba that will recreate the same seamless transitions from one action to another with the Dark Matter 1 characters as you can do with the browser.exe that comes with them? I can load 6 of the H-Tommy character animations, for example, and do a case selection of them and play them separately, but they overlap each other, i.e. I cannot hide one of the objects while playing the other. For some reason the Show Object and Hide Object commands don't accomplish this. Any hints on how to fix this would help.

Larry

Larry
LarryGJ
Years of Service
User Offline
I just figured out how to do it...or at least one way to do it.

The code isn't pretty, but it works! Of course, you will have to remove the comment ticks and get the model you want to demo, and you'll have to have the path name right to wherever you have the models stored.

Larry

Larry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:19:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:19:35