Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 04:33
I think I had a post with enemies using this already, but I jut rendered it in maya with some propper lighting effects and I thought the results were pretty cool.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 04:35
here's some renders of the combat rifle. I'm still not hapy with the wood texture. I had it right at one point but it looked wrong becaus of my antiliasing... sorted soon!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 04:37
Those guns are terriffic-tastic!

I used to have one of those signs, but then realized how annoying it was...
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 04:59
Very nice model!

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 09:20
Nice guns,Butter Fingers.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 10:01
Nice gun matey. One point though...
The pump action bit (Dot know name sorry) looks to fabric-like Maybe try adding a texture such as the Front hand part on the Colt M4A1 Carbine. Good work bud

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool. From a different fictional manufacturer than your combat rifle and SAW? Huge slide on that- must be some high velocity rounds!

How much of the metallic look is from the render vs. from the texture?
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 14:39
Hey, I'll have to get a video up. The "pump" on the gun is actually a hand grip texture taken from a photo reference... I guess I shoud have zoomed a bit so you could see the detail.

and the "pump" is really just a vestigial component, because the gun is a self cocking shotgun.. check the bottom 2 shots, after every shot the top slides back (like the blowback on a glock) and cocks the next shot... it;s the future of close quarters combat..

LOL, and errant, yeah it's not Paradime Ind this time, perhaps it's made by ... uh..... I'll come up with a brand later

butters

Juice
User Banned
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 22:43
woah now they are nice guns. Could you post them FPSC ready? If you could that would be [Mod Edit]ing swell

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 07:54
Cartoony feel, i like it

www.Disorder-Creations.com

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 09:30 Edited at: 16th Oct 2006 09:31
Its square.
And the bullet is just a picture. Take example from Daniel Pokes gun. He made his bullets "real" and with depth.

I still like it though...lol...square guns are coooool!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 14:00
Jonno, I know you're upset because I knocked your cardboard cut out models, and that your natural reaction is to want revenge, so you come to my thread and post something a bit harsh, and that's cool I get get that, but I also feel I must respond to any criticism I feel is unjustified.

Quote: "Its square."

well, yes it is. It's supposed to be. If you look at many of my other posts or even the FOTF thread in the showcase you'll see I'm perfectly capable of modeing objects that are smooth/rounded. It's just that these are supposed to be angular.

Quote: "And the bullet is just a picture. Take example from Daniel Pokes gun. He made his bullets "real" and with depth."

I totally get this one, it's like... take example from my friend because he's much better than you! But if you think about it, on his 50. cal the bullets are visible the whole time, because they feed into the gun, the player needs to see that they are 3D.

On the assault rifle, the player sees the bullet for about 2 seconds, as he reloads. I really didn't see the point in wasting 12 polys and a bit of UV map space, to model a bullet that's on the screen for about 2 seconds. waste of time.

Anyway. Thanks to everyone else, I appreciate the comments.
peace.
butters

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
I said it was good! And i fitted a bit of revenge in.
No, pokey's not as good as you, he's better than me, and you are better than both of us. I don't get it...i taught him how to use milkshape and now he's better than me.

Iv'e given up on revenge. Jonno's wraith on the forums, and stupid little cardboarders have ceased. Im now going to focus on destroying all of humanity. Mwhahahaha! I lie.

One last question before I dissapear from the forums, what is Paradime Inc? Wait...i wont ever know what it is...damm.

Adios!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work as always butter's.

Taken fpsc to its limits

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:25:24