Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] M-4 or M-16

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
An M-4! (The texture is a bit off, but I haven't finished it yet.)
Give us your critisms and comments.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 10:10
The texutre is harshly warped on the M203. The stock is that of an M16... If you want a better looking stock, check out the real M4A1 Stock:

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
I dunno...the pic I modelled of had that stock.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Then it's a M-16/M-203 and not a M-4 like you have it labled as.

No biggie.

Either way, It needs a gas block and front sight post.
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't say that it was exactly an M-4, I said it was either a M-4 or M-16..LOL

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 12:23
Dosen't remind me of an m16 or an m4.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 13:15
It's M16 with M203.
Articles:
M16
M4
M203
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 14:48
the fact that you've posted like 5 new guns in 2 days suggests to me that you don't put a great deal of effort into these guns. Also, the fact that you ont show side views of the guns would lead me to beieve that you aren't modelling them proppery. The isometric view of the AK in your other post showed that the gun was obviously just extruded as opposed to modelled.

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
I loved getting my modesl dissed. Feels great! Why would you care Butterfingers?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 16:50
Quote: "Give us your critisms and comments."

???

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 17:08
Keith said that Jonno was Pest, but that means he changed his name to anarchy now, then to Jonno. I never did like Pest, seems he changed his name so people would forget, but now I know who he is.
Cardboard guns are crap, so try to model them the right way, like people have commented on and dont jsut ignore them and think your right.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 17:25
I loved getting my modesl dissed. Feels great! Why would you care Butterfingers?

well, because you asked for comments and crit, and thats what I gave. I'm pretty sure that myself, errant, higgins, locrian, fred, Jon F, Opposing Force, Smitho and a whole bunch of other people have at somepoint in your history as a user suggested you start trying to model propperly (as opposed to cut out). Because you have never heeded this advice, and continue to post models that look the same technique of modelling as you have always used, I didn't see the point of offering any kind of constructive crit.

If you want people to be nice and offer constructive (as opposed to negative) criticism, then you need to start taking the advice which has been given to you numerous times... namely, that you should start trying to model using primitives as opposed to extrusions. Anyone who has modelling knowledge and is capable of giving you an informed criticism will tell you that you should start trying to increase your modelling skills by trying new techniques. If you continue to model in the most basic method possible, then people are obviously going to tire of trying to persuade you to improve.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 17:35
The picture is an M16 (can't tell if it's an A1 or A2 though) with a 30-round magazine in the well, and an M203 attached to it. That's what it is.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 17:48
"I know what this is.. it's an espresso machine... no no no.. it's a snow-cone maker.. is it a WATER heater?"

Arnold S.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 17:51
people arent expecting weapons almost daily from you, take your time, it seems (as butters has mentioned) you are throwing out weapons in quantity, rather than quality (no offence)

also, it would help to research what you are making before you actually go into it, otherwise your just making a picture.

keep it up.

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 02:34
Just try using primatives to make weapons. Just look at some of the guns that I have modeled. They suck but at least I can show them from different angles...

Providing Music and Logos for the community and at rock bottom prices!
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Pest is not Jonno. Fool. Different people completely. One is my mate, and one is me. Before you make acusations, find out who you are actually talking about. And does Keith watch the dorm or something? Thats highly ilegal you know..(its something to do with "spying") And none of you live here (or even in the same country) so, you are wrong. Pest is a different person. (Jonno = Jonno W. Pest = Cain.)

Yeah, I suck at modelling. Im just producing flat faces. Maybe game making wasn't exactly my thing...I won't bother you "High class professional Modelers" again.

pest456
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 09:08
i feel insulted! u just called me jonno!!!

[url]under-chernobyl.tripod.com/home.html[/url]
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 10:19 Edited at: 15th Oct 2006 10:21
Quote: "i feel insulted! u just called me jonno!!!"

This is the first post from Pest i have seen in a very long time...
Strange that he knows exactly when to reply, eh?

Quote: "(The texture is a bit off, but I haven't finished it yet.)"

Then why have you released screenshots when you plan to change it?

Quote: "the fact that you've posted like 5 new guns in 2 days suggests to me that you don't put a great deal of effort into these guns."

Ah of course... Proof we have (Yoda)

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, there's this thing called a mouth and you say to Cain "Those *CENSORED* are saying I'm you, and you are me!" and He says "*CENSORED*!" and he goes on and types:
Quote: "i feel insulted! u just called me jonno!!!"

(Remember, we live together.)
Yes. I don't put enough effort in my models. Except I worked out how to smooth edges. Hehe.

sk8ter boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 12:21
it is m16
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 13:34
m16a2/m203

Quote: "I won't bother you "High class professional Modelers" again.
"

your going to quit because we gave you something to work on? criticism is a good thing, nobody expects perfection (maybe developers) but nobody around here, just work on what weve told you, keep the 'cardboard' models if you must, just continue working on them (from a different angle)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 01:08
I agree with Jon! If it weren't for the constructive critizm in the 3d chat fourm I got when I made my first models, I would have never even figured out what half the tools in milkshape are. It was also havok who pointed out (in my first gernade laucher thread) that I could limit the stacks on a cylinder in milkshape. Don't quite because people don't like your work yet. Practice makes perfect

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 01:12
Jonno and pest seem like a nice bunch of chav's, dont they every one?

Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Wtf is a chav?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 16:53
they are a mass breeding species in the UK, they are easily outwitted and easily amused with cheap jewelry

Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 18:33
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav

SaM
www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 21:14
man chavs annoy me....i hate them! and they think they are the hardest people alive...

poor i know..

Lewis From OsborneCreations.co.uk
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 08:55 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 08:57
Hmmm...I don't wear jewlery...the only jewlery pest wears is dogtags...and I dont live in the UK. SO what ever a Chav is, Im not...

Oh...I see what a chav is now...thoses dudes in the "Bad Lads Army." Good show. Lol...

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Im not 12...
I don't wear a hat...I don't like hats
I don't have an adidas track suit...i live in the tropics.
I don't wear socks tucked in...
I don't smoke...i hate smokers...
I have respect for older people. (Maybe not internet people...)
I don't have a 14 year old pregnant girlfriend. My brotheris not in the army (Allthough i want to join the army...I blame YOUR Regiment for sounding so damm fine in the SAS books.) I don't have a brother..
I don't fight...I'm not really good at fighting...so why would I try and start a fight with an older person?
And this one pisses me off.. My parents do care about me.
I hate skinheads, racist etc.
I don't wear jewlery...as stated before.

And I cannot be fudged answering the rest of the terms...

I skate. So im a skater fag. I AM NOT A CHAV. Get over the whole Chav thingo....its just plain overmark..I have proved Im not a chav..

Sweet dreams and goodnite.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 01:01
Quote: "Allthough i want to join the army"

You will never succeed in the army... You have a terrible attitude, you do not respect other people clearly, and you have no manners. You will be absoloutely ripped apart, unless you grow up fast.

Quote: "And this one pisses me off.. My parents do care about me."

So they sent you off to a boarding school?

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 04:00
lol
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
How dare you say that. You cannot assume that I will not succede in the army. I have no respect for you guys...anymore. That does not mean I will not have respect for people in "real" life. You are wrong, because my CO in Army Cadets thinks that I have the ability to continue onto Duntroon. Wait, you poms won't know what Duntroon is...seeming there army is a bunch of loosers who want to own Irleand. Pity the IRA gave up... And no, I will not show my manners here because:

Quote: "You will be absolutely ripped apart"

Erm...the Australian Army is much better than the UK army..who's been dyieng in Ireland? Iraq? Not us... The Australian Army has more respect for eachother Not like the grunts in your army.

To get a better education. Not to fail like you probably did in some crap hole public school.

All this for a model? Jesus...you think I'm immiture? You make me smile.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 11:01 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 19:27
Wow I can't believe this guy lol
Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 13:16
the IRA didn't give up, they just turned sensible instead of blowing people and buildings up they sit round the table trying to get a deal and recently the UK army hasn't been dying in Ireland. Why would you want people to start killing people again?!?!

SaM
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why would you want people to start killing people again?!?!"

Because I don't agree that your "Paratroopers" should be used as "Peace Keepers". What they did on Bloody Sunday was just absolutely overmark.

Erm toads? Epidemic? (Wait...i absolutely slaughtered some on the weekend..) Toads arn't even a problem..they are like not even poisonus...dogs can eat them and still survive...so why do we need to kill them? Country Men? So now you are sterotyping Australia? Um, who decided the toads should be introduced? Some brain surgeon in the US.

Well, were a "Defence Force" I dunno what you are...an "Armed Force" which just runs in and kills people? The Australian Army is much smaller then the UK Army. Much smaller. But we are more trained than the UK Army. Way more trained then the US Army..
(Why did we even go to Iraq? Oh wait, it was the US's Idea.. "You let my daddy do it.")

But we have been helping people (unlike the so called "Peace Keepers" in Ireland) Like East Timor...for like ages, Indonesia heaps of those little islands.

UK kept us free? Bahahahahahahahaha!! What? You did what in WWII? You didn't help us... You's were off fighting the Germans. We were fighting the Japanese. Were was UK in Veitnam?

Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 14:17
I also agree that the para's shouldn't be peace keepers but that doesn't mean they deserve to be killed. What was the point of the Vietnam war anyway to "stop the domino theory" i don't see why you followed the US into that war

SaM
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
You think i personally wouldove said "Yeah, I satnd with you, I wanna go to war for no reason" ?

Quote: "On January 30, 1972, soldiers from the British Army's 1st Parachute Regiment opened fire on unarmed and peaceful civilian demonstrators in the Bogside, Derry, Ireland, near the Rossville flats, killing 13 and wounding a number of others. One wounded man later died from illness attributed to that shooting. "

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 18:33 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 19:23
Jonno- you have insulted my country and UK. It's also apparent you didnt pay attention to your history lessons.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
psst...

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 19:07
Hey Jonno. I got noob slapped for saying "my country's army is better than your country's army. Just a word of warning.

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 19:40
Quote: "Not to fail like you probably did in some crap hole public school."

I leave next year... Im currently working at A* in graphics and Digital applications... Im working at a B in English and maths.. so no, I wont be failing in my crap hole hole of a school...#

Quote: "You did what in WWII?"

Just off the top of my head...
We were the last line in Europe... We spearheaded the D-day invasions.. we bombed Germany to a pulp (I have great respect for modern day Germany, though), we freed thousands of innocent people from Germans strangehold on countries.

Quote: "
But we have been helping people (unlike the so called "Peace Keepers" in Ireland)"

These peace keepers in Ireland do an unbelivable job... One of them in the past being my Father. Soldiers are instructed to inncapacitate any person(s) that pose a threat to civilians or personell safety.
As for this:

Quote: "On January 30, 1972, soldiers from the British Army's 1st Parachute Regiment opened fire on unarmed and peaceful civilian demonstrators in the Bogside, Derry, Ireland"

If you were in a hostile area, somewhere you werent familiar with, in a small regiment, and there was a large group of people, wouldnt you panic a bit?

I'm tired of this... I'm tired of you, and I'm sure so many others are as well.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Smitho you're my hero.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 20:02
....and...Locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:18:50