Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I'm getting better, but still have a few questions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 22:01
I have recently started trying to model again. i have looked for tutorials in alot of places, but never found any that helped. can someone please exp[lain a few things to me? first it could help to know I use Milkshape. I'm sorry i can't offer you any kind of cash payment, but I am on a tight budget. I can however offer to make some soundtracks for your games. could someone please explain the following:

1: I am taking a hand at making guns. they are cardboard cutouts. how do you round the corners and make it look smoother and less crappy?

2: how would I go about animating something?

3: What's a good way to UV map and texture things. i currently use U.V. mapper, but i am thinking about finding a better way.

3: how do i know how big to scale my gun in FPSC?

4: how do i know where to posistion my gun?

Thank you in advance for anyone who even TRIES to help me. Thank you majorly to anyone who will sucesfully help me. THANKS a freakin ton to anyone who makes a detailed video tutorial in detail!

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 22:22
Start here (check out his tutorial section):

Psionic 3D

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2006 03:12
Let me try here. (remember, I am just 1 month old at 3D modelling, and I use milkshape)

1: I am taking a hand at making guns. they are cardboard cutouts. how do you round the corners and make it look smoother and less crappy?
Add more vertices at the corners. Curve them.

2: how would I go about animating something?
Milkshape does that using bones. Psionic's tuts has that.

3: What's a good way to UV map and texture things. i currently use U.V. mapper, but i am thinking about finding a better way.
I use Lithunwrap. The plain kind of parts are easy to 'open', but yes, the crooked things (like a human face) do give me some problems. Easy way out is to make as many groups as you can. I think Photoshop is the best for texturing.

3: how do i know how big to scale my gun in FPSC?
Make a model and export as .x (using whatever software you use). In the .fpe file (use the entity maker for that)that you use there is a scale factor. Trial and error works best

4: how do i know where to posistion my gun?
I think there is a tutorial here on the forums for weapon importing. Its a sticky.

Hope I helped,

filya

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:39:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:39:18