Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / A question about custom door textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 03:44
Hello,

I guess it should be possible to change the textures for the doors in FPSC? I noticed there are 3-4 texture files for each door. Which one do I need to change to change the texture of door ingame?
Also, if I need transparent parts on the door, in which image (out of the 4) do I need to put r,g,b=0,0,0 parts?

A little off topic (not by much), is there a way to use doors with custom walls made using Signs 1.3 lite? When I try it, there is some problem with the hole being punched So even though the door opens, I can see my wall and I cant walk through the door

I found one way out : Make a room using the same textures. Now if I place the door on the wall of the room, the hole gets punched through...but here the transparent parts of my wall show up as black

thanks for the help,

-filya

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 04:31
If you try placing a door in the opposite direction...for instance if you placed the door from the left side and opened it and the wall was still there then try placing it from the right side in the same spot...that may help with that problem.

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 05:57
lol Fred. Tried that...and kept wishing it works....but didnt

but yeah...it did solve one other problem I had. When I use custom walls to make a boundary for my map...I could see walls on just 2 sides of the map. Now, by changing their orientation by 180 degrees, I can see them on all 4 sides

But like I said, that doesnt work with the doors

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:26:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:26:56