Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / WTB Weapon Packs and Advanced A.I. Scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok guys, here's the skinny...

Right now I'm going to school for Game Design and I really wanna put together a game before next summer...nothing big mind you just something to show my skill in level design and storytelling.

I'm going to need weapon packs (with hands) and A.I. scripts that are actually smart.

Now, this project may become a commercial venture for me in the future so I will want to purchase the exclusive rights to the content made. I doubt the first version I make will come anywhere close to being sold but perhaps the idea and general content may a few years down the road.

I can pay through Paypal and will also include your names in the credits.

If you'd be interested in doing any of the aforementioned work I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know what you're capable of doing and what it would cost.

I look forward to your replies.

Peace

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 22:08
thats a good offer, really it is, you should contact butter fingers, bond1 or jon fletcher, see if any of them will help you, i know one of them charges reasonably cheaply for models, but their the best i know for what your asking, as for me, i cant help at all, im rubbish at making models of a commercial quality.

Must refrain from slang type!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2006 23:43
Just wait for model pack #5, it will be out soon and has what you ask for.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 02:54
I made an AI pack here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89594&b=23

Maybe if you want some game-specific AI (or more soldier tactical style) I can wip up something...maybe we can work something out

Want FPSC content? Click Here!
Want to get your content there? Send us an e-mail!
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, here is what I need but a bit more specific...

A.I.
I need soldier A.I. that can hide in cover, duck behind cover, flank, and show some kind of sense and not just rush at me firing blindly. Also, I need scripts for monsters that will lumber towards you swinging their claws at you and occasionally leap at you. It would also be nice if the enemies could successfully navigate the level and not get stuck and also not be able to see the player character through the floor or walls (I had that problem when I first started making multi-floored levels).

Weapons
I'm going to need:
1. Combat Knife
2. Handgun
3. Revolver
4. Shotgun (Pump Action and Double Barrel)
5. Sub-Machine Gun
6. Assault Rifle
7. Slug Gun (kinda like a shotgun with a cylinder clip but more assault rifle in shape)
I'm going to need hands with all the weapons, ammo pickups, weapon pickups, and reload animations that are smooth.

Feel free to give me ideas and estimates on prices.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 07:07 Edited at: 17th Oct 2006 07:08
I've got a five-seven pistol, do you want me to post a screenshot here to see if you like it?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 17:00
For your AI scripts - most of it should be doable, except:

Quote: "Also, I need scripts for monsters that will lumber towards you swinging their claws at you and occasionally leap at you."

You'll need to have some extra character animations before I can do anything like that, but it is possible once you do.

Using a good script and some waypoints you should be able to make enemys follow some basic paths, and by connecting them you can do some randomization. As for flanking - the only way I can think to do it is that you'd create waypoints that flank the player's supposed position and when the time comes the script would begin to follow them. That will probally be as good as it gets.

Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
Feel free to post screenies of anything you have.

Airslide-
Yes for the monsters I'd need someone to make models like that and animate them with that in mind. As far as the A.I. goes I just want the enemies not to seem so stupid. I'd like them to actually pose a threat to the player. As of now they just react too slowly and get stuck too much.

Peace

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 01:09
E-mail me if you want me to do your AI so I can have some more specific details to work with.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 01:22 Edited at: 18th Oct 2006 01:24
Ok, here is a video of my five-seven and my 22 long rifle in action, it is fpsc ready and all that, tell me if you like it.
i will post it in a few minutes.

ok, here is the video, tell me what you think.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
axifer designs
Years of Service
User Offline
love the 5 7 but dont like the rifle. in fact...can i HAVE the 5 7 ?

Order your custom designed website at axifer.com!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 03:47
uh, no, that's the one that will be in my pack, sorry, you could get all the guns for free if you knew how to get guns animated and fpsc ready though.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 04:00
Quote: "uh, no, that's the one that will be in my pack"

Doesn't he want exclusive rights though?

Unknown Truth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 04:10
Foxhound7, could you email me. I could help, it would cost cheap and it would look nice. Isn't that what everyone wants? I can't do the scripting though. I mostly do guns... If you want to see some of my previous work, look at the project v thread in the showcase forum. All the guns there were created by me.

The truth is still unknown... or is it!
Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 04:27 Edited at: 18th Oct 2006 04:31
The Five Seven looks good although it lacks hands, but the .22 rifle needs work, and as I said before I'm looking for exclusive rights.

EDIT: Unknown I checked out your Project V thread and although I thought you did a good job on the weapons, I would want better quality models if I was going to be spending money on them.

Peace

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 14:39
I'll do some stuff for you.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 00:37
Quote: "I'll do some stuff for you."

well Foxhound7, if Butter fingers is doing it, you will love the stuff he makes.

Foxhound7
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I like the stuff Butters has done in the past he's got some serious talent. Let me know what you can do Butters and what it will cost and we'll see if we can work out a deal.

Peace

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:24:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:24:41