Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A problem with .dll's

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I have a problem. When I send my compiled program to another person without DB Pro, when they try to run it says that the program is missing DBProbtimapdebug.dll. Is there anyway to compile this file with the program, so that anyone without DBPro who runs my program, is able to run it?
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 00:59
nope you cannot compile that with the program you have to send the .dll with the exe and run it in the same folder as the .dll

spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 02:42
@crzy - what are you talking about?

If you do any bitmap commands, then that dll (spelt correctly as dbprobitmapdebug.dll) automatically gets included in the compiled exe.

Not sure what you have done to stop that as it should not be possible.

Boo!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 15:32
Perhaps it is set as an exclusion in the Compiler\setup.ini? If not, then I can't see how it would happen either.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 15:54
DB Pro programs are "Stand Alone", they do not require external Dlls. I have no idea why Crzy Programmer said what he did!

The exception is if you are using a third party DLL that is not incorporated. However, these are few and far between these days. An example is the Newton Physics dll, which must be placed in the program library.

Lord Sputnik
Years of Service
User Offline
:S 2 people have encountered that error. I have included about 10 bitmap commands in my script. Should I try re-compiling?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:32:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:32:00