Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Is there a way to make puzzles in FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I was just wondering if there is a way to make puzzles, such as switches pushed in a certain order will open a door or a safe in FPSC? Thanks
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 20:27
dunno about the door safe one. but u could have alot of switches going to many doors that lead to the safe.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
SUPAH'S FPSC STUFF UPDATED!!!
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 21:05
You can have doors that require an access code with this awesome script by xplosys: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=90330&b=23

I'm sure you can work that into a puzzle.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 21:43 Edited at: 19th Oct 2006 21:57
all that script did for me was make a hud appear on the top of my screen..

and.... i had a puzzle level a while ago, it was a level for a game called 'AWAKENING' but the game got screpped ina computer prob... make a big room. use a static boards to make a huge grod on the floor. use somthing to have letters on each box of the grid. make a messae within the grid. put a killzone (hurtzone with the hurtin to the max) on every letter except the ones without the message on it. have the player have to read the messageand navigate to the other side... its pretty hard if you dont know what the message is.. like, i had on were the message was 'thisisthefirstsignofazul' azul was the evil mastermind you had to get to...

and.....

you can have certain places were you need to stand (using trigger zones) that will activate stuff that you can use to get other places. for example, i had 3 X's you needed to get to, each one would spawn a box, you use the boxes to make a stair case up to the next level.

and.....

have a room of 1X5 or somthing like that. make windows on one side looking out to another room, 10X10X2 or somthing.... have a lot of switches along the wall of the first room. a door from the first room with the other side on the second floor of room 2. have another door on the opposite side of room2 from the first one. each switch will drop a box. other switches will blow them up. you need to the hit the switches in the right order to have a path of boxes so you can get to the far side....

mazes are always fun. if you use trigger zones, you can make them pretty freaking good. however, normal mazes get boring after awhile so, think out side the box. for instance.... make a ton of 1X1 rooms right next to eachother. then pick a door type, and put auto doors in all the walls. you can replace som doors with fakes, remotes, locked, and random other door scripts out there. those are pretty fun,especcilly when you use a lot of remote doors. or, you can have a bunch of downlifts all next to eachother. make a path of static ones through the nonstatic, and you have to decide if the next square you go on will fall or not. along the same lines, you can have abunch of fake walls posing as ground. if you set their strgth to 1, when you walk on them, they will fall. you can have them respawn after a cetain time aswell. This one mixed with the letter on is interesting.... hope all this helps, sorry if my spellin is bad.... just tryin to help.

http://smallgroup.be
muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, thanks very much for your answers. It's good to have a game where you need to use your head.
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 23:13
so many questions!!!!! i have just read almost 10 posts about friggin questions!!! now i have a headachelol

I chink i know you but i could be wong
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 23:18
but i answerd this one, so youve been spared!

http://smallgroup.be

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 16:35:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 16:35:52