Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / button clicking

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 03:26
While creating my menu program, I wanted to make some + and - buttons for adjusting beginning stats. This little piece of code will make the button shadowed when holding down the left mouse key. You need a two part "+" image and two part "-" image. Each button that I made is 20 x 19, so the total for the up and down "+" image is 40x19, same for the "-". I've attached media so you can see.

I'll be adding rollovers to this code, since that will look more professional and be more user friendly.

For now:

I hope this is useful to someone out there. I wish I had run across it, rather than having to invent it But I am better for the work!

Let me know what you think.

Geek out!!

D

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dracula
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:36
Ok, I've added rollovers to this code. So now it takes 2 images, each containing 3 instances of "+" and "-", respectively. I'll update the media, so you can see how I worked it with my buttons.

Code:

Below is a look at how I am using these in the character creation program I am working on. It's nearing completion now, so I can get back to work on the 3D part

I hope this is useful to someone out there. Let me know if you can think of a better way to do these rollovers. Flash had me spoiled with buttons, but this is far more fun and creative!!!

D

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:25:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:25:21