Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / case study: dual semi-automatics (video)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 10:09 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 10:13

I'm attaching a test video. Please take a look and give me some feedback if you would be so kind. I'm in the process of determining wether or not it's worth upgrading this to my new articulated hands rig.

I was only able to find a couple dual-wield/akimbo examples on here and have largely come to the conclusion that it's not worth the effort for semi-automatic pistols. Fully-automatics seem to work great so I'll almost certianly set up some Glock-18s to operate in dual-mode.

Butters' dual Glocks were probabily the most elegant solution I could find so I've got to give it up to him for that. My only issue with that method was the firing of 2 bullets if you only shoot the right-hand gun and the over-all high rate of fire. I fully understand why it was done that way though and it gives me a few ideas on how to bend FPSCs limitations. Thankyou for putting that download up!

What rests in the ballance is wether or not to commit time trying to do anything further with dual-semis. The deagles in the pic are cheesy and cliche but I figure as good as a test platform as any. M9s, Glocks and any future pistols I make will also be set up this way if it is deemed pleasing/worthwhile. If the concensus is that it's too lame with the near-simultaneous firing, I'll scrap it.

Please disregard the hokey reload animation. It's shake-n-bake and old (as seen in my WIP thread). Thanks for reading.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 13:14 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 13:16
(appologies in advance, spilt tea on my keyboard, may be missing a few letters here)

heyheyhey!

That'sa nice video man, it'sa bit laggy tho, I couldn't really tell if the guns were firing simultaneously or not.

I know what you mean about the issues with 2 shots firing when you only click the mouse, I couldn't find a wayaround this(short of animating the guns to fire simultaneously). If only yhe gun spec supported

startfire
'fire1
'fire2
end fire

but it doesn't!

If you could find a solutionI'd love to hear it, the dual glocks are a (cringe worthy) old piece of work, and I'm currently re-doing them, so I'd appreciate any ideas you have for improvements to the gunspec. It'd be cool if bond could edit the biped, so that the pistol animation set supported dual wield (with one pistol pre modelled to the character (like Dist13's creeps and freaks pack).

Anyway, good luckman, I look ofrward to seeing where you go with this.

Butters.

PS drop me an email dude, I have some more FPSC tweaks! Ohand I know how you can do dual muzzle flash without having to model the flash to the weapon.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 13:50 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 14:02
Laggy? in the video or between start fire and when the bullets are instanced or delay in recoil? Start fire is twice as long as it should be. Sorry, I'm tired and rambling so I'll ramble some more lol.

The way that's set up is so that both hammers drop in start fire no more than two frames apart and then they both recoil in end fire. I can see now that I really should have starting the right-hand gun's slide animation durring start fire but that's all part of animation revision anyways so I'm not to concerned.

Here's the critical gunspec info for what's in the vid:

So, you can see that I'm using 4 frames for start fire. Two frames apart might as well be simultaneous. And they both fire using itteration with one click. There's no automatic fire so what you see there is the fastest sustained fire rate using that system. I'm calling the gunshot sound at 61 and 65. so it's just "bam!bam!" in stead of what I'm sure we'd all like to see which would be "bam! (pause) bam!"

I just don't see a way using fire, start fire/end fire or automatic fire to have an alternating sensation without considerable lag between clicking the button and when the bullets come out or vice versa. With a fast ROF like your glocks, it's really not noticable if the bullets are delayed or not. I should really be doing this with models that convey less percieved reciol I suppose.

I can't shake the feeling that it's just a waste of time for anything other than uber rapid-fire.

edit: cool! I'll drop ya a line
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 13:58
these r free right? lol j/k awesome guns

I chink i know you but i could be wong
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL thanks- well if I can't make 'em work right ya never know
axifer designs
Years of Service
User Offline
omg.......thats good.

Order your custom designed website at axifer.com!
stormboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Those guns look great, and the articulated hands is where it's gotta go!
WuTang
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 20:52
Wow best textured [free] guns ive seen very nice good model would still be good with one

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 21:06
Those guns aren't free.

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI,

Can I be first to buy? Great job sir!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 22:01 Edited at: 20th Oct 2006 22:02
Pfft on all you....looks like I'll be the first with an EAI weapon so there *sticks out toungue and gives rasberry*
*Dose the Eddie Murrphy/Raw song and sings*
"I gottt...annnn Ice creammmm and yourrr...moms on welfare...."

On a serious note. Darn nice work. We bow to your skill.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 03:48 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 03:50
Appreciate the compliments guys but I could really use some tough love on this one. I'd also like to hear from others who have attempted this and what their findings were.

Or am I to interpret this as meaning people don't mind simultaneous firing?

Stormboy's post looks like a solid vote for the upgrade... anyone else?
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 03:56
Errant....we cant do anything half this good. TGC is picking up Jons pack which is nice but not half of your work. How the heck are we suppoed to say much negative about it. I mean I'm the first guy to say to members "This isnt right""Colors are wrong"" Is that posible?". But man with your work its hard to critique it when its better work then TGC could do in their dreams...I'm not blowing smoke up your a..(well you know). If I could find a fault with it belive me I'd feed on it and never let you forget it as would many other members.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:18:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:18:11