Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Looking into DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 04:15
Hey first time posting...awsome forum.

Anyway I've fiddled around with programming before and know a lot of BASIC. So I'm really looking into buying DB Pro. But I have a few questions.

Besides the DB Pro complier and the "Hands On DB Pro Volume 1" book, what else do I need to get started? If I'm just learning the basics of DB, do I need to get an another DB realated program also? Such as 3D Canvas or MilkShape? Or would I wait until I get into advanced DB to get that?

Sorry if those questions have been asked before, but I need to know more information before buying. Thanks.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 07:04 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 07:06
Quote: "Besides the DB Pro complier and the "Hands On DB Pro Volume 1" book, what else do I need to get started? If I'm just learning the basics of DB, do I need to get an another DB realated program also? Such as 3D Canvas or MilkShape? Or would I wait until I get into advanced DB to get that?"

If you want, you'll probably eventually need a modelling tool such as milkshape or something similar (doesn't have to be expensive, and there are free ones out there), but you won't really need it if your just learning basics . Good luck, and welcome to the forums . Feel free to ask questions, we won't bite (unless your just an idiot, but you are starting off better than about 90% of the noobs with that post, most would start with "I juSt bUy dpb, lyk wut do i dooo??????", lol).

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 07:07
think of a game as a rich multimedia tool, visual and auditory
you dont need every aspect but if you want to build a small game on your own then your going to need each facet of the games requirement.

2d / 3d / audio

a good 3d tool - for the price and abilities milkshape is pretty good
a good 2d tool - the gimp is free and can be a good tool, however i prefer photoshop
a good audio tool - audacity is free but its really just an editor not a compositor

it starts to expand after this, eg: map making software , AI programming etc..

Kaurotu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 07:25
Thanks a lot for the fast replies. Can't wait to start up DB Pro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:20:06