Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Weapons help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 10:41
I have a pack of axis weapons I got from the quake 2 mod dday normandy. My issue here is that they are all in .md2 format and need to be converted and made fpsc ready. If anyone wants to help out, here is the rar archive. It includes the First person models, ammo pickups, weapon pickups and sounds. Just Email the Fpsc ready models to tjphifer@hotmail.com
thanks.
No flaming. I'm not asking anyone to make a model from scratch.

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I flame you for making a second post on the same topic before your first one left page one?

Can I flame you for distributing media you did not create?
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 12:55
1.My 1st post wasn't showing up so I made a new one.
2. It's not like the 1st one can't be deleted so back off.
3. I'm not distributing it. I asked for them to be Emailed to me. And they are in .md2 format right now, Last time I checked, Fps Creator doesn't support .Md2 models. I bet if you go to planet quake.com you could find a lot of .md2 models for free, that other people distribute on their sites. It's not like they were selling it. I got it for free a while back, and guess what. They are you know from.. like... the Quake 2 era and no one cares about .md2 models. Oh and one more thing. Why don't u just not reply if your not going to be useful and go flame the other 5 people who have "distributed media they did not make"

Am I asking to much? I just want to see what these weapons would look like in FPSC. It's not like i'm going to sell them in a commercial game. And don't say do it yourself or any rephrasing of that term because. I don't know how,If I did, I wouldn't have created this post asking for help.

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 16:29
You know bumping exists. and thats what you did when u said to forget about the other thread.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
SUPAH'S FPSC STUFF UPDATED!!!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 17:03 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 17:13
Quote: "1.My 1st post wasn't showing up so I made a new one."

Durrrrrr....I got a belly button......
Quote: "New User Moderation

Please note that all new users on our forum have their posts approved by our team of moderators. This means that when you post a reply or create a new thread it will not appear until a moderator has approved it. We introduced this policy to curb spamming and obscene messages. There is no way to circumvent it - your "newcomer" status will disable itself automatically after a pre-defined set of criteria have been met. Don't email us asking to remove it, everyone goes through it."

Quote: "2. It's not like the 1st one can't be deleted so back off."

Heres a clue rookie....read and get to know how to deal with the community prior to acting like you've got a pair. You may find the people that have the jewels to post like this are forum favorites. Yes threes a double standard where the 'good ole boys club' won't tolerate much ignorance from new members. We've seen it all before, and are tired of it. You wanna hang out with the morons that post threads of boxes their calling a police officer that's one thing. If you wanna be included in any of the reindeer games played by anyone with a clue you need to read the forums and get a grip on how things roll(meaning we never ever under any circumstances post another persons work without their consent. We feel this is a crime punishable by bannishment. Membership to this forum isn't a right...it's a privilage)

Quote: "3. I'm not distributing it. "
Are you that dumb? Whats that download at the bottom of your post? Did you make those? Then that's called distributing, and if it was me you'd be banned so thank your stars I don't have a mod sticker next to my name.

Better tighten up...
And on a lighter note welcome to the forum
Loc
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 17:24
Quote: "No flaming. I'm not asking anyone to make a model from scratch."

fpsmaster,
Close enough to scratch.
Do you have permission to make those models available for download here?
And what are the restrictions on using these in your games?
If you are on post approval status...and I know you are...your posts won't show up until they are approved.
If you make a post and it falls within the AUP guidelines it will be approved and posted.
So there's no need to post the same thing repeatedly.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 19:38
Download removed.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 19:50
Quote: "
Quote: "1.My 1st post wasn't showing up so I made a new one."
Durrrrrr....I got a belly button......

Quote: "New User Moderation

Please note that all new users on our forum have their posts approved by our team of moderators. This means that when you post a reply or create a new thread it will not appear until a moderator has approved it. We introduced this policy to curb spamming and obscene messages. There is no way to circumvent it - your "newcomer" status will disable itself automatically after a pre-defined set of criteria have been met. Don't email us asking to remove it, everyone goes through it."

Quote: "2. It's not like the 1st one can't be deleted so back off."
Heres a clue rookie....read and get to know how to deal with the community prior to acting like you've got a pair. You may find the people that have the jewels to post like this are forum favorites. Yes threes a double standard where the 'good ole boys club' won't tolerate much ignorance from new members. We've seen it all before, and are tired of it. You wanna hang out with the morons that post threads of boxes their calling a police officer that's one thing. If you wanna be included in any of the reindeer games played by anyone with a clue you need to read the forums and get a grip on how things roll(meaning we never ever under any circumstances post another persons work without their consent. We feel this is a crime punishable by bannishment. Membership to this forum isn't a right...it's a privilage)

Quote: "3. I'm not distributing it. "
Are you that dumb? Whats that download at the bottom of your post? Did you make those? Then that's called distributing, and if it was me you'd be banned so thank your stars I don't have a mod sticker next to my name.

Better tighten up...
And on a lighter note welcome to the forum
Loc "

Dude you are the biggest moron ever you realy think your cool dont you. You come and try to find something wrong with every post is that like your hobby? I go to almost every post that has someone new in it and you just make fun of them that is realy stupid.

You should report him...

I think he dosent even know one line of program (DarkBASIC or FPI dosnt count) but then, i dont think he knows any of those...

The truth is Locrian, your the stupid one!

People like you make me so mad.....

Learn to stop being a jerk you moron!

The truth is your not cool and your not somthing!

People think DarkBASIC is for noobs and isnt professional, but i think its the future of game programming. Do you agree with me? Just reply to this thread saying you do.
DarkBASIC for ever!
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 20:45
I'm glad not everyone is a jerk. thanks Lordcorm.Guess what to all you other non- useful people who posted. Forums are for helping people, not dissing people and calling them stupid. Someone should come 2 your houses and beat you down. You know what else? People are getting models from turbosquid all the time and posting them here, so it's not like i'm the only one who's done it.
Why don't you go to their posts and complain too. Oh, wait,maybe you only diss people like me because u think we really are stupid "noobs" that don't have brain stems just because we recently joined the forums. Remember, you've all been noobs one time or another. If I really was as much of an idiot as you think, I wouldn't have extracted the .pak files to even get the weapons to ask for help with here. I would have asked for a free pack of weapons. What would you have done then? Called me a retard and told me to go make them myself. I think i've said this.
These were .MD2 models!!!!!!!!! You can find them 4 free anywhere. And besides what about the cube/sauerbraten game engine. does that not have models they did not make in it? They can distribute freely so why can't I post this weapon pack for help. REMEMBER THE CHAINSAW IN THESE FORUMS IS FROM THE JDOOM MODEL PACK, AND NOONE BUSTED THEM FOR IT. It seems like my posts are buttwipe magnets!!!! Next time I need help none of you better reply except Lordcorm.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 20:49
Anyway, I'm not here to get into arguements. Since my rar I made has been removed, can someone just tell me where to find free fpsc ready ww2 weapons it'll be good and I can finish my game.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:10
Fine. I'll read the tutorial and attempt to import models myself.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:18 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 21:19
Give me a specific stuff you need like weapons, furnature,ect... I know a couple of WW2 packs floating around that are fpsc ready. Hey fpsmaster do you have a hotmail if so email me lordcorm_123@hotmail.com and if you have msnanger with that add me i will be happy to talk to ya.

Like i thought Locrian your not replying because you CANT program..

EDIT:
FPSMATER if you have massanger and stuff i will probley not be on today madders if my brother gets of the computer but if im not i iwll be on on monday

People think DarkBASIC is for noobs and isnt professional, but i think its the future of game programming. Do you agree with me? Just reply to this thread saying you do.
DarkBASIC for ever!
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:31
Well, I need weapons mainly. I do have a hotmail, I'll add u 2 my contacts. I also have msn messanger.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:34 Edited at: 21st Oct 2006 21:35
Aight.... I will go searching for weapons for ya and i will make a tutorial for ya with a bunch of links to weapons and stuff... I will probley send it through email but i will try to post it up here for the rest of the people...

Edit: i will try to get it done asap... but it mite take a wile because i have a fast and a slow computer and im on the slow one right now

DarkBASIC for ever!
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:39
ok thnx.

Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:48
Quote: "Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film."

Very true XD

DarkBASIC for ever!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:58
we were mad at you becuase you failed to read the rules. if you did read the rules, you just thought, "Who cares! there just there to look official."

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 22:25
You talking to me?

DarkBASIC for ever!
Lordcorm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 22:28
And if your talking to FPSmaster he is new some people need to understand that new people like to jump right in to thangs because they are excited

DarkBASIC for ever!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, for the record I didn't actually flame anyone here. Merely asked if I could.

What you're both missing is that between the sarcasm, Loc posts some genuinely helpful and solid advice.

Also, incase you missed it, this is an FPSC board. Programming skills are completely irrelevant. It doesn't take programming skills to use the search feature (though it may require psychic abilities with all the misspelled topic titles) or to see that uploaded content like this gets pulled by mods quite often.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 23:17
Quote: "And if your talking to FPSmaster he is new some people need to understand that new people like to jump right in to thangs because they are excited"

he should still read the rules, becuase if I remember correctly, you have to check a box saying you did in order to register.

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:33
Quote: "People are getting models from turbosquid all the time and posting them here, so it's not like i'm the only one who's done it."

People rob convenience stores all the time too.

Quote: "These were .MD2 models!!!!!!!!! You can find them 4 free anywhere."

Then I suggest you give a link to the location of these weapons next time; or show me the license that allows re-distribution of them.

Quote: "And besides what about the cube/sauerbraten game engine. does that not have models they did not make in it? They can distribute freely so why can't I post this weapon pack for help."

You make the assumption that the makers of this engine have just "grabbed" models from an unknown source. I'm pretty sure they contracted an artist to make exclusive work for them.

Quote: "It seems like my posts are buttwipe magnets!!!! Next time I need help none of you better reply except Lordcorm."

That's a great way to ask for assistance; good luck with that one.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:27:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:27:24