Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / a couple of little questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2003 18:14
plz help if you can i dont know how to do either of these.
1) i want it so that my sprite stays in the center of my screen and when you move him the he stays in te center of the screen and the map scrolls across.

2)how do i make it so that when i press the arrow keys my sprite faces te corresponding directions. i have all of the images but i dont know how to do the if rightkey()=1 then ?????? i odnt know what to do to place the corresponding image there while not showing the other images at the same time.

plz help. thx in adv if you can
Current Status: Learning DBPro

I consider myself: ULTRA NEWB!!!!!!!!!!!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2003 14:31
Here's a very basic tiling system with a sprite positioned at the centre of the screen. Movement is via the cursor keys, and the sprite switches images depending on which way it is moving.

Have a quick look through and try to understand it. If you have any questions, just come back and ask

MK1 Noob Saibot
Years of Service
User Offline
Well guy, you look just like me when I began writting my 2d "games". What I can tell you is that is not simple, sometimes it's as difficult as write a 3d game... Well, if you want I can answer any question (if it's not about plasma). I've been learning about DB in the last 3 years, I could even make a mario game with all you can see in the snes WITHOUT using sprite collision.
Please, give me your e-mail and I can teach you, I will not let any code here since I would use media files that you don't have.
If you're really a begginer you shouldn't start from moving the background as a sprite walks, there are many necessary things you won't learn in DB tutorials which you need to learn before making a game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:43:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:43:43