Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I would like to learn

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:21 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 00:24
Hello, I know I am an annoying noob, who's last posts have [mod edit] the [mod edit] out of everybody, but I am not going to make any more model requests. I am going to take my sweet time and learn to make models myself.

Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:22
Firstly, I have no idea where to begin. What programs would I use for weapons?

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:24
Butterfingers.
can you tell me how you make all of your great weapon models, what
you have to do and how long it takes?

Darth Vad3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:25 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 00:25
There are a variety. You can probably use any as long as there's a good converter for it. I use Milkshape, but that's pretty complicated for a beginner. I suggest looking around and trying stuff out.

PS: All in 1 post. This isn't an IM.

fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:28
thnx darth vad3r

switch style
Years of Service
User Offline
you can try gamespace light for modeling tool. its great for beginners.
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 00:44
should i draw my ideas out on paper first?

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 01:53 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 01:55
By far the easiest (my opinion) is anim8or, and its free... www.anim8or.com

For texturing either use the gimp, or paintshop pro. A very good video tutorial by Avenging Eagle for using anim8or and paint shop pro (version 5) then making it FPSC ready is in one of the stickies. Hope that helped!

"Hey god, what's the meaning of life?" I asked...
"62" he said...
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 01:56 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 01:58
OMG the MODs locked your thread before I posted and I was like gees what a waste.... So I figured I wouold drop the info in here and get you this informatio0n especially since I already written it up...

----------------Before your previous thread got locked--------------

Quote: "Quote: "1. WW2 Flamethrower
2.Doom 3 Chainsaw
3.Sten Gun
4.Panzerfaust
5.Helicopter
6.Biplane
7.Fists
8.knife
9.Karabiner W. out scope
10.Scoped karabiner
11.Mg42
12.Mp40
13.Mp43
14.Panzerfaust
15.Tnt
16. Stick Grenade
17.Luger
18. Mounted Machine Guns
19.Pillboxes
20.Higgins boats"

1 - The Flamethrower.... Butters made one of these but you don't like butters flame thrower
Quote: "I need a better flamethrower. Butters, yours is pretty good but, it just doesn't feel right for my game."

Okay we can scratch that off your list of freebies

2 - Chainsaw - There is a chainsaw on this forum but the Doom3 chainsaw it is not. So if your looking for one thats that custom your going to have to get a modeler to make it otherwise here is the forums chainsaw
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=79620&b=24

3 - Sten Gun - I don't think I have seen it around other the forum so your going to have to get this custom made.... Unless Smitho and Butters are working on it on there gun pack... May want to check Smitho's thread

4 - Panzerfaust - Well the forum has tanks but I don't think there what your looking for but hey here is the link so you can go look for yourself
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86128&b=24

5 - Helicopter - Well only thing I could find on the forums was this but your going to have to texture it yourself and write up the fpe file for it also but anyways here is the link
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=58703&b=3

6 - BiPlane - I have had no luck with my seach for this one closes thing I have found was locrians 747 but certianly that is not what your looking for

7 - Fist - Better known as hands I believe there is a thread for this... I have pulled a seach and wasnt so lucky on this one but from memory I do remember someone releasing a set of hands your just going to have to go trolling through the forum to find this one

8 - knife - Goto innovators website he has a knife on his site

9 thru 13 - Smitho and butters are working on a weapons pack your just going to have to wait for them to release this...Please dont try rushing them as they are doing the community a service... Also I don't believe all your weapons will be in that pack either so this is something your going to have to take on as an understudy and just learn how to model + animate

14 - Panzerfaust - Refer to #4

15 - TNT closes thing I have seen to this is innovators timebomb anyways you need to check out his website

16 - stick grenade - here is a great thread for what your looking for
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=64213&b=24

17 - Luger - [href]http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=911471
[/href]

18 - Refer to 9 thru 13

19 - Pillbox there is an easy way to make this and that is to get MagicFPS and use the box feature and just build your texture for the box...before you know it you will have a pillbox - Sinistar is the guy selling MagicFPS on uberdroid.com

20 - Higgins Boats - Email Higgins and ask very nicely

----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay to the best of my knowledge thats probably the best answer your going to get on your request... The only thing is why havent you searched this out on the forum because this is where I got all your answers from... I understand a few questions since there where no answers to but some of them yes they got addressed and answered...

Also learning to model is not a bad thing... Consider this, if you model your product then you wont have to credit people when you build your game.
----------------------------------------------------------

Okay as a footnote maybe your not familiar with the search feature below its real simple to use just type in your keyword and blam you got threads search the threads and odds are you will find what your looking for and not be one of many of these people who congest the forums with this repetitious request and help the community be friendly when it comes to finding things..

Hope this all helps....

Man I almost felt jipped

---------------------------Now to answer this thread----------------

Anim8or is a free modeling tool and easy to find using google

Milkshape has a free trial and is a great modeling tool

Sketchup is simplistic to use and has a free personal use or free trial Im not sure of wich but I know its one or another also easy to find thru google

Deep Paint, Deep Explorer and Deep UV are nice tools at a fair price

3ds max is your tools of tools when it comes to modeling but it comes at a high price and I doubt your going to fork out 3500 for an end user license just to make models for fpsc

------------------------OMG---------------------------------
Talk about being long winded.... I got to take my meds that way I dont have so much to talk about... You all have a nice day

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 02:01
thanks for the links and help.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 02:52
fpsmaster, you are making an improvement. I respect you and hope you are victorious in learning to model. and now to throw my two cents in:

1. as stated above, you should try not to have more than 1 post in a row, two is genreally acceptable, but try to keep it down to one. in your case, you seen to post things a few minutes apart. just edit the first post andput everthing you want to say into one post, it looks alot better.

2. download Gmax, Anim8or, Wings3D, and learn to model with them.
3. Download The Gimp and expirement with texturing.
3.When you have a basic understanding of modeling and texturing, practce for another week.
4.When that week is up, buy Milkshape3D and learn a more proffessional modeling style.
5.When you get GOOD at moddeling, scrape up the money for Adobe Photoshop Pro
6.Keep expirementing and getting better.
7.At the point you can make money off theese models, buy 3DS Max.

note: unless you plan to get REALLY good and make lots of money off of theese things, Milkshape3D will be fine. 3DS Max isn't really neccesary.

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 10:29
I use anim8or and paintshop pro for textures.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
SUPAH'S FPSC STUFF UPDATED!!!
Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 11:05 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 12:10
Off topic: Supah gamer, I think you links broken... Maybe it's just my computer.

After trying Google sketchup, I have to say IT is alot easier then anything else. Cool texturing included too...

"62" he said...
fpsmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 07:15
Glad to see that I got more advice. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try Anim8tor first since I can watch the tutorial by Avenging Eagle. Sorry for not posting sooner but i've been gone.

Burianu
Years of Service
User Offline
Very cool! Can't wait to see some of your models!!!

"62" he said...
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, take it from someone who joined this board, never modeled before in his life, and took much of the same advice that is being given to you. Since then, I have been teaching myself more and more complex modeling and texturing. It takes time, trust me. I am 40 and learned in a matter of weeks the basics and now to more advanced.

As far as waiting for answers to your posts, this isnt a chat room, so it takes awhile, sometimes days. But when you get advice, and I mean you will know the difference between good advice and sarcasm, then take it to heart and do what it says.

I give you credit for stepping back and wanting to learn to model instead of requesting. Trust me, once you give something of substance to community, then others dont mind the same in return as long as there is respect and common courtesy.

Charge ahead, take your time, expiriment and have fun with it. It pays off in the end.
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't make cardboard cut outs...I don't think they like them...LOL

Milkshape is pretty good.

Is gamespace good? I nearly downloaded it, but due to software restrictions at this school I didn't.

Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 13:38
I recommend Milkshape quite cheap and very easy.

I started learning how to model in that and im still learning and im still modeling in Milkshape.

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 15:58
Spudling, check out this tutorial...

http://www.tutorialguide.net/modelling_a_gun_tutorial.html

Anyone else using milkshape should check it out too... I did it while my trial was in, but now Im an anim8or kind of guy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:18:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:18:32