Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Bug with Animated door X with panda software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 15:51
Hi,

I tryed to make a door with segment editor and 3dsmax8(export with panda) and I found this problem :

If the X file is export with animation and option "feft Handed Axis" the collision with the door.x doesn't work.

If the X file is export with no animation and option "feft Handed Axis" the collision work but there is no animation of course !

If the X file is export with animation and no option "feft Handed Axis" the collision work and animation too but the door hasen't good axis.

If someone has succeded to do a correct door and could help me, it would be very nice !!!

I can send by mail or attach 2 door in x size is interested in getting it

Thank in advance,

Bye bye

Jean

Noob french
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Had the same problem myself,link to this post below.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=89680&b=24

I eventually had to retexture existing doors in fpsc.I dont know how experienced you are with max,it may be the positioning of the pivot,game engines require that all individual models are created on the 0,0,0 axis of the grid,as the collision bounding box is calculated from here.I didn't try exporting from max with the left handed axis disabled so you may have something there.Try removing all animation keys you currently have,rotate your model 90 degrees on the z axis,it should now be face down and reanimate.Ensuring that your model is centred on the grid,export with panda and the left hand axis disabled.When you bring this into fpsc the orientation should be correct.I dont have time to test this myself just now,too busy.It's just a suggestion and I may be completely wrong.I intend to keep at this problem soon,let me know how it goes.
Jeannot74
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 14:30
Hi Rolfy,

Many thanks for youre nice answer. All I test didn't work. For me, the solution is to remove all animation in panda export, and create a new fpi for the door based on the Y rotation and no-collisions after openning.

if you want, I could send you my door to test it when it finished.

Jean

PS sorry for my English Language.

Noob french
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
O.K. Jean,send me the door when you finish it and I,ll be happy to take a look.Apparently the developers used max to model the content in fpsc,so you would think there would be no problems with this.If they encountered this problem and found a remedy no-one seems to know.Good luck.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 22:58 Edited at: 24th Oct 2006 22:59
I made all the doors in Model Pack 2 with 3ds max and the panda exporter, and they work fine.

This is worth repeating over and over because it is SO important when exporting models for game engines, and it applies to collision detection:

After modelling is completed, and BEFORE applying animation, you must apply a "Reset X-Form" to all meshes in the scene, then collapse the modifier stack.
(For Maya users, this is called "freezing transformations.)"

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 01:17
good info bond1 thanks!

RF
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bond1,
I'm new to game creation,so thanks for the info.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 06:57 Edited at: 25th Oct 2006 06:58
Hey no problem It's kinda one of those obscure rules that really isn't documented anywhere until someone tells you about it. I found out by dumb luck after pulling out my hair, then confirmed my findings some "modelling for games" book, can't remember which one.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Jeannot74
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 14:04
Super

Many thanks Bond1 for your reply and your solution !! It's true that I never try and think to do this. I test it this envening, and i post the result.

I'm so sorry Bond1 for your hair, but thanks to you to keep mine

Ok Rolfy, I will send you my door and my Orc file as soon as possible.

To know that people can help you in this forum is very nice !!

Regards,

Jean

Noob french
Jeannot74
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2006 13:39
Hi,

Now my door work fine !!!!

Another time, Many thanks for your nice help !!!

Regards

Jean

Noob french

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:27:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:27:05