Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Airslide's AI Pack + Tips for Better Opponents

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 03:44
A) Did you give him a melee weapon?

B) You did set always active to on, physics off, and gave him 'general_standard.fpi' as main and nothing as shoot, right?

Gam3r
Years of Service
User Offline
umm unarmed and no other modifications other than just general_standard

The Beta Cell Website
2%
http://tbc.redlime.org
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2006 06:07
Well, it is meant to have a weapon

Soldiers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2006 12:46
how do i click on the enemy and set his fire thing to 130. plz help
Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 04:23
i get the bug that someelse said
if i get in the area of them to know im there they come around the corner that i put them in. then if i run down my stairs the go to the wall next to it and stay there running at the wall. then if i go up the stairs and go near them they still run at wall until i shoot them....how do i fix??
ill give u the .FMP file in PM

If I Want It, I Want It

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 04:24
i get the bug that someone else said
if i get in the area of them to know im there they come around the corner that i put them in. then if i run down my stairs the go to the wall next to it and stay there running at the wall. then if i go up the stairs and go near them they still run at wall until i shoot them....how do i fix??
ill give u the .FMP file in PM

If I Want It, I Want It

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 04:24
whoops double post
sorry

If I Want It, I Want It

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 04:29
Uh, PM? This forum doesn't have that feature.

And as for your problem, I *think* I've fixed it in the new version, but the new version is still in beta, and has a ways off.

@Soldiers - Really, read the manual. Place an enemy and right click on it. If you can't do that, how do you expect to change the script to the new one?

Mr Makealotofsmoke
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 04:48
yer i realised no PM so i send it in email if u want it

If I Want It, I Want It

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2006 05:56
Got the e-mail, I'll check it out later, hopefully I've already fixed the bug in the new (unreleased) version.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 01:19
Bumping this for the newcomers.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 02:43
Thanks

Which reminds me, new AI progress:

New speedy AI under production, mainly for DarkFaction II, so it won't be out for awhile.

Updating some of the subscripts to make characters capable of opening doors, will also be capable of following waypoints.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 10:18
Quote: "New speedy AI under production, mainly for DarkFaction II, so it won't be out for awhile."

Hey... I asked before him for AI improvements for Commander Josh (remember? or check the thread), any progress with that?

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 15:56
Ah, you wanted the tactical AI right? That's going well, a bit simplistic still, and they don't do much, but so far so good

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2007 16:09
Cool!

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2007 00:23
Ben - the main thing I wanted to do (and almost did) for your tactical AI was some sort of communication through the IFUSED field - I've done it with other entities. While the IFUSED field does not appear on characters (really annoying) they could still 'activate' nearby characters. Might be useful for something - I used it for a scene where a zombie kills a german soldier

Mmm Tacos
Years of Service
User Offline
AI is much better thanks
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 19:14
"Lisence
Free for commercial and non-commercial, but if you want it in a commercial game I'd like a copy of the game and credit."
means that i can use it in games i will sell without paying u, but u pref. that i pay u or?

Mess with the bests, die like the restes!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2007 19:22
Uh, what it means (and I think it is pretty clear) that you can use it for free in commercial and non-commercial games, but for commercial games I want a copy of the FULL game along with being mentioned in easily visible credits.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 20:54 Edited at: 12th Apr 2007 20:56
Okay, this is more of a bump than anything else but a little info on the progress of the script pack:

New 'Tactical' and 'Speed' scripts are currently WIP. The Tactical ones (which I've mentioned before) are meant to act like a squad. They actually aren't coming along as well as intended - but they're still pretty basic. The waypoint system I was trying for them wasn't working either. I'm trying to get them to appear to retreat and regroup when you get too close.

As for the Speed scripts, those are working fairly okay. All detection functions have been removed from the main AI scripts. For it you now use trigger zones to tell it that the player entered it's supposed sight and to take a single loop to make sure that the player can indeed be seen. There are also zones that imediently alert the enemy (used for proximity), one that activates damage reaction (when the player steps into it they'll react when hit) and one that activates sound reaction (allows it to listen for sounds).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, lisence has been slightly updated, I'd like credit regardless whether or not it is commercial.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 02:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 02:26:31