Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems with sprite game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2006 19:27 Edited at: 1st Nov 2006 12:44
I'm having some trouble with my space game. If anyone could help that would be appreciated. Using DBPro

1) When I try to put the 'sync on' and 'sync' on, it blanks the screen?
2) When I try to go out of the screen i have told it to move 1 or -1 depending on the angle but I can't get out of it and it distorts the image somewhat.

"Press any key ... where's the any key"
AMD Athlon 64 3400, 1 Gb RAM, Radeon X1600 Pro, 80GB HDD
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 24th Oct 2006 02:06
When you turn sync on you need to put a "sync" anytime you want to update the screen.

It would probably be better to just limit the range instead of trying to change the angle... or are you wanting it to bounce off the screen edges?

Anytime you use "get image" in Pro... always add a ,1 at the end of the command... so your images aren't distorted.

The InTIMidator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 02:00 Edited at: 25th Oct 2006 02:11
Thanks a bunch but the ,1 at the end doesn't seem to work but I've sorted it out. In the wall function, instead of all the angle questions

I just asked it to move the ship back or forward 1

It came to me in a dream...not really but it came to me whilst I was in the car... Anyway thanks alot for your advise. It's greatly appreciated.
Cheers
The InTIMidator

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2006 09:56 Edited at: 25th Oct 2006 09:57
Np. Check out the image attached... the top robot is with ,1 the bottom is without ,1. Notice how the bottom image is more blury than the top.

I always go to sleep thinking about code... but only once has a code dream helped me solve a problem I couldn't solve while awake.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The InTIMidator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 16:43
Cool, but which command do you use the ,1 in is it get image? Cos mine don't work!! Thanks alot!
The InTIMidator

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2006 20:14
It's used in "get image" and "load image". In the help files look up those two commands. The ,1 is the texture flag.

It may be working but you don't notice it. I've attached an image that may show you a little better. The images were taken from a screen capture of running the code you posted. The image on the left is the way your code looks without changing anything. The image on the right is with ,1 added to the "get image" commands. If you load this image into a drawing program and zoom in you'll see a slight black line above the triangles. The image on the right is brighter and to me better looking because of the ,1's.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:18:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:18:58