Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Advanced Terrain

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! I downloaded a shader example a few days ago(sorry I can't remember where from) and I was shocked to find an amazing looking landscape!

I was amazed and I thought to myself "I have got to learn how to do this!" so, I played around with the demo a bit, and found the terrain was made with a heightmap and some random tga file and a texture. This I know.

I was wondering why:
1) the advanced terriain commands are not in the help file

2)What do they do

3) How do I make advanced terrain!

so, any help would be much appreciated! In case anyone was wondering, I am going to use advanced terrain in a game i am making.(duh!) this was origionally to be an RTS, but now it will be third person adventure!

I look forward to your help!

Bouncing Physics... How do?
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 00:18
Are you sure you didn't get help files with advanced terrain? Attached is a screen shot of what my help files look like. They are not actually viewed through DBP like most help files. I actually found them under: all programs>the game creators>advanced terrain expansion pack>advanced terrain help.

Just in case you can't find them, here is a piece of code in which I put remarks (copied from the example) about the advanced terrain commands. I used this piece of my own code instead of the example because it doesn't use media.

The terrain commands are around line 100.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Julius Caesar
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks daemon, I didn't downlaod any expansion, I just loaded up a demo and it worked! but the commands were greyed out, and the results were amazing, so I figured I'd come and have a look see, in case ir was a problem.

I came, I saw, I conquered. The die is cast. It is not these well-fed long haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry looking. Et tu, Brute?
Who am I quoting?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:30:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:30:46