Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Ai? where do I get started. DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, im new to dark basic proffesional , and have an ok understanding about player movement and such , but Im not to keen on where do get started with ai .. for lets say a first person shooter would I just store the variables for the player and some how make the object move towards the player? Or how would I check a certain distance from the player object and to the baddy? Sorry im just all disconbobulated on this. If anyone could point me to a good start?

~Ellusion Games~
xXxLife is like a box of chocalate's there's always one's you dont likexXx
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 00:02
I wrote this tutorial I while ago. Try searching the forums

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=63411&b=7

Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 00:32
Yeah thats a good tutorial thread to start with. Just simple game logic I suggest to try and make a cube following you without using arrays so you understand the process of what actually happens. After that create multiple 'baddie's' WITH arrays << very importand that you understand those!! , when you've got that masterd, go for something like the project I did a while ago ( attachy)

Good luck

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Raithe
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry , I havnt replied but my interwebs went all hay-wire
But thanks , its much appreciated.

~Ellusion Games~
xXxLife is like a box of chocalate's there's always one's you dont likexXx
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2006 09:43
in some situations it can boil down to pure timer speed and detection distance for a lot of enemies, I think im going to get dark ai as ive had a stab a few times at multiple monsters running timers inside a 2d extrapolated XY to XZ a*pathfinding algorythym and cant quite fathom it for this art head brain.

The other problem is enemy overlapping but a simple disatnce collision check on a timer can keep that away from the fps jewel.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:34:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:34:20