Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Anyone feel up to doing some simple animations?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

I know the animation would be simple because of the basic character, but I am horrible with the bone design.

Basically I just want the feet to walk like a duck, probably -30 to 60 range and simple reload, gun holding and death animations.
If you feel up to it, post here or email me.
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 18:21
That thing will give me nightmares.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Nightmares? The model or the animating? lol
Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 18:54
i think he means the look of it scary

SaM
www.firelightstudio.co.uk
Spudling
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 18:54
I would love to animate it but i dont know how to animate things as im still learning.

Looks a funny Model but it does look good for a Cartoon game.

L00Ks like a soildger a little bit.

Good Modeling.

Was Hi! but Hi! Was gettin a little iritating
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 20:56
Wile I'm waiting on s4 to do some testing, I guess I'll post.

No animation is simple. Matter a fact cause that looks nothing like a human it makes it even harder. No one that can animate can use the fpsc supplied .bip or whatever the milkshape version is called. This means even not doing the wasted animations in the TGC supplied version, you'd still have to have a special rigging and about 1100 frames of animation.

Basically meaning unless it's a friend animating it for you, bank on about $200.00 for all those new animations since this is a custom one of a kind model that the .fig/.bip will never be used again. I'd expect no less then 7 or so hours of work animating all the stuff to the new .fig.(side note: Bond said he took 6 hours working on the walk cycle alone on his babes...now do that for another 40 needed animations)
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
So does any of you want to try it? I mean the frames could potentially be under 500. The walking animation would only be 4 keyframes.
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 21:12
4 frames would go fast as hell!

it would be like hes trying to run very very fast!

My arrival shocked some people maybe...but i dont seem to care anyway...behold my mights!
-Prince Of Darkness
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2006 23:23
You don't get it do ya? It won't be 500 frames. It won't be simple.

Besides the
Quote: "probably -30 to 60 range and simple reload, gun holding and death animations"
, there strafe right, left, (there is no "gun") load pistol, load rifle, aim pistol, aim rifle, aim shoulder mounted, death when hit from front, death when hit from right, death when hit from left, death when hit from back,run,idle,and on and on. I was being nice at saying 1100 frames...no way you could do it in 500. There's 2498 normal frames but I gave up 1300 saying some you wouldn't need a few.

I'm afraid you didn't read the sticky posted at the top of this forum regarding "requesting media". If it's so simple try it out. If you fail, try again. About the only way your going to take this beyond point and click is to learn to do this stuff for yourself or trade something of equal value to one of the few members around here that can do it. I can probably count these members on one hand. If it was simple, more would offer custom characters. TGC(Bonds work) offers a couple custom packs with characters and a few(and that's probably an overstatement(D13, Higgins,Others?)) members do. I've been known to do characters and rig on a bet, but I don't normally release my custom stuff because I don't want others games looking like mine, and generally, if I do take a bet ,it's with an older member who's been known to contribute to the community.

I'm saying all this to say basically, 'If you need something done, you'll want to do it yourself'. That model looks like its far to many polys anyways (if it's more then 2500 scrap it) and anyone that can actually rig would know it is probably not worth the time spent and wont answer you. I don't know what software you use to model, but I strongly suggest looking at it's forums and asking it's members their techniques on low poly modeling, rigging, and animation. Once you got that down I'm sure someone would be happy to help you get it into FPSC, as that's less a modeling program problem, and more a FPSC related one.

Good Luck
Loc
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
@Prince- I said KEYframes, not frames.

@Loc- I have tried the animation and I'm horrible at it.

I need this model animated fast- so I'll pay 20 USD for it to happen. Anyone interested?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:17:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:17:09