Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / polygon reccomendation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have recently finished a model of a MP5, the problem is that the polygons is something like 2500 is this too much
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 01:15
uhm if its going to be a Weapon, not a static object then no

When the gods forsake me, is when i kill everyone else...lol

sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
ill include a pic

i have added detail to the stock without increasing polygons by removing some other un needed polygons

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 01:51
Looks very nice, id use it lmao

Your signature has been erased by a mod
sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
ive just seen the new model pack contents, it has an MP5 nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
days spent on making this when a tgc model came out just after i finished
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 14:21
Quote: "ive just seen the new model pack contents, it has an MP5 nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

I wouldn't let it get you down too much - after all, it's always nice to have a choice of different versions of the same weapon: everyone models differently, and the style and texturing of one MP5 might be more suitable for the "feel" of a game than another MP5. I've ended up purchasing duplicate weapon-types simply because the texturing and modelling of certain models matched more closely the vision of my game than ones I had already purchased.

I hope you continue your pack, MP5 and all.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 16:23
sp3ng,
I have to say I agree with Kerithion 100%. Don't stop on the production of any model just because it's duplicated. Though a lil "horse trading" as Errant called it I'm probably one of the few people on this forum to actually have one of his completed weapons. It's nice as heck, and gave me a real understanding of how a pro works. I'm still not going to use it. I want to make the items for my games. I also want the style to be consistent(hitting on what Kerithion said). I take it your talking about Jon's pack, but I say let work you consider better then your own inspire you....Not detour you.
sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
ill continue anyway because i also have plans for a scoped model and or a silenced model, the only problem for me is texturing (part UV mapping in blender) and i dont know which .x exporter in blender to use as there is two

also i have made the mp5 out of several objects(sections) that are parented to eachover, will this have an effect? e.g. only one section will be exported?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 12:50
You should finish making the gun.
I am making some of the models for my game.
My models look different than anyone else's.
People can look at a model and say "Fred made that".
Everybody has their own technique and it gives their models originaltiy.

sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
@bloodeath 6 6 6: lmao? is this ragging me out? if so ill remind you that this is my first major model

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:32:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:32:09