Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] I have a ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have made some gun models in milkshape and I can not animate or make them FPS ready. can some one tell me how or be nice and do it for me. If some one wants the job I will post the download.

If you animate them for me, then you can keep the models for your self to use and trick out.

I plan on making a gun pack for the community.

I hope to have about 5 to 10 models of guns.

shotguns and hand guns. I will have a list soon

please help me.

thanks for your help
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:35
Sheesh!
This is the second post I have read today about someone wanting help animating a weapon in Milkshape.
If you look at the top of the Models and Media forum you will find a tutorial on how to animate weapons with Milkshape.
Please download the tutorial and try to animate the weapons yourself.
That is why I made it.

shineboy
Years of Service
User Offline
cool thanks
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 14:29
I think we should just un-stick everything, since nobody looks at them anyways.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 16:25
If you know how long it took for me to make that tutorial and the amount of aggravation involved you can understand why I am a litle ticked.
It is highly requested and a week later I see posts asking about animating weapons.
It irritates me and makes me feel like I wasted my time.
I already knew how to animate weapons using Milkshape.
I didn't need to make the tutorial.I did it so anybody could animate their own weapons if they wished.
Threads like this are one of the reasons why some forum members won't release stuff for free or only by request.
Sometimes I just wonder if I am wasting my time...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 18:28
I know what you mean, Fred. Although I would like to think that a large majority of members (and non-members) do read the stickies. It's the nature of the beast as far as free stuff goes, I'm afraid; you do all the work, for little recognition. Of course many of us who create free media/tuts aren't doing it for completely unselfish reasons. For me, it is twofold; I get the practice I need (along with some good crits), and I get exposure for the OG Site. But it does bring a smile to my face when I see my work in someone else's game, whether they acknowledged me or not.

It's a bit of an evolutionary process here; once we have had enough of giving out free work and go elsewhere, someone else who is new to things will take our place. Until it all comes to a halt, and no one creates free media; this is the way things will be.

shineboy
Years of Service
User Offline
ok can some one tell me how to make them FPS ready

thanks
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 23:32
Well I want you guys to know, I'll be using items from each of you in S4 and my game. S4 is dealing with a way to bring up the 'credits' page from the main menu today(we started thinking of ways last night). Actually were trying to use as many peoples things as possible in some form(even if no longer recognizable). That way our credits page consist of more then 2 names and a few texture sites...
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
@FredP,I can fully understand why you would get hacked off with the feeling that no-one acknowledges your hard efforts in this respect,I for one am really grateful that you would take the time to create any kind of tutorial for these forums,but dont be disheartened by this.I believe that most users do appreciate what you and other members do for us,the number of views of your tut as compared to the number who miss it and request info already provided
actually reflects this.Please keep up the hard work as I and others like me would be completely lost without your efforts.Thanks are probably long overdue.
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 10:19
theres also a tut for making guns fpsc ready stickied....

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 12:41
Quote: "ok can some one tell me how to make them FPS ready "

Quote: "theres also a tut for making guns fpsc ready stickied...."

LOL!! That's just priceless.

shineboy
Years of Service
User Offline
where is it posted
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "where is it posted"

For chrissake...
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 19:30
Quote: "where is it posted"

Are you serious? Wow. I can see how the title "Importing a weapon into FPSC (tutorial)" might be misleading. Do you know what a sticky is?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:32:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:32:46