Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / watch tower is ready and free

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 01:54
I decided to go ahead and finish the watch tower. It is FPSC ready and auto install into the entity bank user folder. Model is royalty free so enjoy.

click here for download

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 02:41
. . . use more than one texture, it looks like a nice model but the texture kills it...

When the gods forsake me, is when i kill everyone else...lol

the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:04
it is camo.... I mean come on, How intricate can you be with camo.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:29
Thanks for the tower.Now if I hook up a search light or security camera...

the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 03:34
great idea let me know how it turns out for you.
Killing Streak
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice tower, try making the colors more Dull though..... good job anyway!

www.freewebs.com/ttilgames

Get the BETA of "The Lab" !
AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 06:04
Cool!

the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 22:02
thanks for the comments and suggestions guys
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2006 22:26
i agree with bloodeath, the texture just ruins it, i cant recall ever seeing a watch tower that looked like that.... nice model though

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2006 03:37
well still watch towers do not look like that
the basin *the feet* are brown like wood, everything else, or most might be camo, but dont get me wrong its still a nice model, just you can do much better with the textures

Your signature has been erased by a mod
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 06:00
I will stick with being original, but thank yo for your comments I do respect them.
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 20:48
nice tower. just try adding some new wooden texture to the supporters at the bottom of the poles, like bloodeath 666 said.

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
SUPAH'S FPSC STUFF UPDATED!!!
Entity pack one download free: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=92119&b=24&p=0
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 21:39
TI, thank you very much for the model, it's great.

It's kind of sad, the remarks you get, when you give away something around here. They used to say that doing a good thing was like pissing yourself in a dark suite. You got a nice warm feeling but nobody really noticed. Around here, you don't even get the good feeling.

I appreciate your work. Thanks again

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 01:16
you are welcome explosys. I do not mind the critisism they bring, as I have no intention on changing it. I do not want my models to look like everyone elses. and pretty soon I will just stop doing freebies all together, then it will be a dont like it dont pay for it situation.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 02:17
I think that there has just been too much given away here lately, and people have got used to it, like it's supposed to be this way. It wasn't like this when I first joined. Very little was free and people were trying to sell whatever they could make, good or not.

The level of expertise has grown greatly and with it the good nature to give, but I see it quickly wearing out. I am beginning to understand what others here have known for a while. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 02:34 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 02:34
Get over the critisim, we say it because it looks retarded with 1 texture, i dont mean to be harsh, but stopping freebies because your too lazy to add more than 1 texture to a model... cmon now.
Your a great modeller i will admit, but work on your texturing, take more time on it

Your signature has been erased by a mod
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 02:51 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 02:52
Quote: "but stopping freebies because your too lazy to add more than 1 texture to a model"

Like I said, I am beginning to understand what others here have known for a while. Some, including myself, no longer offer freebies on this forum because of the attitude, not because they are lazy. They are posting the work elswhere and sharing it with whom they please. I think it's the beginning of a trend, but I may be wrong.

Best.

*** Sorry TI,

I didn't mean to take over the thread.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 03:02
Quote: "
Like I said, I am beginning to understand what others here have known for a while. Some, including myself, no longer offer freebies on this forum because of the attitude, not because they are lazy. They are posting the work elswhere and sharing it with whom they please. I think it's the beginning of a trend, but I may be wrong."

Im not having an attitude, im trying to state i was suggesting the more than 1 texture so more people will like it. i have no attitude. i dont care, i have no intentions of downloading this model and never did, all i came here to do is to give him advice on how to have more people like and appreciate his models. because its like, if i were to upload a very nice detailed gun that doesnt slow fpsc down, then only apply a retarded metal texture, not very many people are going to download it and upload better textures, if it has nice textures to the model, lots of people will appreciate it more and take it.

Death has no end
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 03:05
Well...I am thinking that little comment probably will seal the deal and he is not going to release any more free stuff.
Maybe you didn't read some of his posts.
If he likes the texture that way then that's cool.
If you don't feel free to make a retexture...with his permission of course.
The Innovator has given a lot of stuff away free...a few of us have and the problem with that (and I will be the first to admit that it took me up until a few weeks ago to realize it and I have contributed to it) is that when you make free stuff for people they get lazy and don't want to learn how to do it themselves.
How many tutorials are in Tutorial city and floating around on these forums?
And how many people read and/or attempt to use them?
Not nearly enough people.
There are several forum members who used to do free stuff who won't anymore.
It's aggravating.
Before I learned how to animate weapons I imported a couple of weapons into FPSC and the request of others.
Then I heard about they weren't animated.
They were free and they worked in FPSC.
Then I learned how to animate weapons.
When I posted the first weapon I ever animated you know what the first post was?
"Where are the pickups?"
I just spent two hours alone texturing a weapon I gave away for free and somebody wants the pickups.
They can make their own in five minutes.
While there is nothing wrong with a little criticism it gets way out of hand.
I am sure that after the first post or two the innovator got the idea that there were those that may not have liked his texture.
I think he got the point.
Some of this was needless.
At any rate there will be a few kind people that release stuff free now and again but most of it is going to be for cash or (like a few people have been doing it) you contact the member and they decide if you should have the model or not.
And that's a good thing because then it will force everybody to step up their game instead of doing what they have been doing.
There is more than enough free stuff on these forums.
I don't think you will find this much free stuff anywhere else...not even on the other TGC forums.
My suggestion would be that we put it to good use...because I get this feeling that the well is about to run dry.
If we help people improve on what they are doing...and there are some posts which were made in this thread for just that purpose...we do a good thing.
If we keep doing things for others instead of teaching them,letting them or literally making them do it for themselves we are enabling their bad habit,thus becoming a crutch and we are more of a burden.
You know what the most aggravating thing is?
There are a few of us developers that do care about these forums and about making a great game...
Far too few.
You can release your models elsewhere and get a better response and FPSC members get the best deals of all.
Find another engine and see if you can get the kind of uber stuff in model pack 5 for that price...it costs more in some places for a gun,non-textured,non-animated.
If you don't believe me feel free to surf on over to Turbosquid and see.
That is my rant of the week.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 03:09
Fredp to sum it all up, what does all this mean, are you suggesting he should apply more detail to textures, or its his choice or what, after reading that and getting interrupted by a phone call, i kind of lost the meaning in it lol

Death has no end
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 03:24
What I am saying is that the apprciation level for the effort people make to do this stuff does not match the level of appreciation shown for it.
None of the comments I made apply to you specifically...I was just making some points and did not intend for you to take it personally.
Go through and check out the threads where free stuff has been posted and you will see what I mean.
To put it as simply as possible when the free stuff is getting posted less and less and that is a trend that will continue.
Even you have made some free stuff and doen things for the FPSC forums...how does it feel when you have a million views and two posts?
I am going to end this post before it runs as long as the last one.

the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 04:05
I think fred is waiting for me to respond to all of this before he locks it, on that note I will say this, I am going to keep this simple and sweet.
I did a single camo texture on the tower not becuase of being lazy, but becuase thats way I wanted it. Opinions will differ from time to time but I happen to think it looks ok like this.
Enough about the tower, I am going to release one more freebie simply becuase It is almost completed and after that I will have no intentions of doing any more. the community is starting to get a little to picky about the FREE items that are presented on these forums. I did freebies to help out and contribute to this community but as fred said, the respect is simply not there to justify doing anymore. So unfourtunately unless Im conveinced otherwise, there will be no more from my side. I will leave the free models that are already on my site but that will be it. If the community doesnt like it then I will just shutdown my site alltogether. I just feel sorry for the ones that really do appriciate what I have been doing and I would just like to tell them that I am sorry.
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 04:09
by the way, fred do you have intentions to make the smoke bomb a weapon? if so please e-mail me
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 04:13 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 04:14
I for one appreciate everything The Innovator has done even though I do not use his models I do have them downloaded and looked at each and every one myself.

And I think his work is very good.

And I remember when The Innovator came to this community and was starting off selling stuff and people here got onto him about him selling his stuff and suggested he give to the community first before selling....Kinda unfair in my opinion but he took everybody's suggestion and he has contributed alot to this community.

What saddens me is the critism. If you don't like it then don't download it and if you think there can be room for improvement then sure suggest it but be nice about it especially to someone who has been here a while and knows this community or hey even better yet get off your lurrals and do it yourself and contribute your help also.

You know it takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch... So think about this guys all these freebies you and I have been getting on this forum can all disappear if this stuff keeps up so the choice is yours on what you feel is right...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 04:16
well said clips
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the model is free and how hard is it to retexture the model yourself if you dont like it.

I think the forum has got too use to people given stuff away free, not one thankyou on this thread for the hard work been put into the model.

So i be the first Thanks for the model inovator.

Come on the model free can't you all start to thank the person than pull the model down, inovator done some good work for the forum.

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
the inovator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 05:46
ok guys this is going to be a little different but,..... my wife has been reading this post and she wants to speak her mind. If I do not allow her to do so she is not going to be a very happy camper LOl so just let it happen.

This is the Inovators wife, I am here to tell you that my husband does put alot of work into the models that he makes. He is a very talented person and can do anything he puts his mind too. He likes suggestions too. He enjoys working hard on these models for you guys. He like to be different in his own way. Where things doesn't look like everybody elses. So, please enjoy his models he makes. And feel free to give your suggestions. Thank you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:32:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:32:15