Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / terrain help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi every I'm new to darkBASIC. I've had some experience programming before so I thought I'd try darkBASIC as a way to make games. I'm getting off to a rocky start though since the terrain won't load. I keep getting an error box with a 7 inside of it when I load the terrain. Here's the code...

Excuse me for not caring, it's a habit...
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 09:53
You do not need to load the advanced terrain dll like that...at least, I do not. (I use DBPro 1.063, but I think that has been the case for awhile now.)

You did not load the texture and detail images...here. This is still really messy, and does not work very well, but...please continue. I would suggest using the values that the sample you are using provides for tiling, scaling, etc. until you get a more workable bit of code up and running. It is difficult to get anywhere when all you get is a black screen, isn't it? I will go ahead and tell you that you should get a skybox in there

That should get you going anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:33:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:33:31