Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Text Coloring Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, some of you may know i am making a text game, well ive been doing great, but the text sometimes is hard too keep your place. so i was wondering if there was a way too make the current text displayed red and the other stuff, that you dont need too read anymore is white? like the movie where they explain stuff, the mouse is highlighted, how can i do that too the current displayed text, after they put in a command it turns back too white and new text is displayed in red?

do you love video games a lot ¿¿¿ then comeon down too game zone252 @ http://www.freewebs.com/gamezone252/
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 00:29
Use the ink command. It sets the color of all 2d operations to the color you specify. Give a foreground and a background color

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 02:14
You may want to keep text colored all the time rather than just highlight text for a bit and change it back to white.

When I was making a text adventure in Darkbasic (didn't finish it because I got bored with it). Everything was color coded. Everything had a dark blue background, the status bar at the top was black text with a dark white background, room names were bright green, room descriptions were white, the items in the room were bright blue, the user input text was purple, and the output from things the user does is dark white. I attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean. It's much easier on the eyes (at least to me).

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:19:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:19:18