Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Tyrannt RPG Game Engine (Re-Write using DGSDK.net and VB.net)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 13:51
Just to let peeps know, After getting sidetracked by World of Warecarft for a bit I'm back onto the development of Tyrannt.

I'm currently in the progress of re-writing the whole thing in DGSDK.net Something I've been looking for, for a long time.

I have done quite a lot of behind the scenes work but now have something to show in the Toolkit side of things. This time round I have decided to make everything possible in the game modifiable. The below screenshot shows the Race Generator tool with the dwarf race.

There is still a small amount of work to be done on this part of the generator but it means I'm now one step closer to doing the character generator part of the runtime engine.

Talking of the runtime engine, it took me 2 1/2 hours to convert the menu system from DBPro into VB.net with DGSDK.

Picture attached.

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wildbill
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not familiar with your previous work in Tyrant could you explain a little about your game. The screen looks great.
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 15:33
Its more of a game engine than a game in it's self. You can create old style turn based RPG games with this engine, The DBPro version can be downloaded from http://www.tyranntrpg.org.

The idea is you create a party of 6 characters and take them through a "Dungeon". Think along the lines of Wizardry and the classic versions of Bards Tale.

The world the engine is based in (Mainly for the example game that it will ship with) has some mythology and background that we (Me and Rattle, the guy who does the graphics) have put on display here:

http://forum.tyranntrpg.org/index.php

I am currently re-writing the engine and designing toolkit in VB.net using DGSDK.net. Which has ended up with a lot faster engine and a much nicer programming environment to use. (This so far has been done with VB.net 2005 Express edition)

The entire project is going to be free for people to use and create games with.

Any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Vampiric
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking like a good remake

All bow down to evil
RadiusOFT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 16:49
As soon as i saw the bottom left picture I KNEW it HAD to be Guess who? am i right?

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 11:39
jas, looking very cool. I'm glad the conversion from DBP to DGDK.NET is going smoothly

Paul.

jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 01:13
I've managed to get a little bit further with the toolkit.

I've now got the DGSDK.net displaying 3d objects on the form.

This is the item editor for the engine. Not quite finished yet as I plan to do a drag and rotate for the models part of the display, then finish the writing part.

Here is a screeny...

Jas

----
Crazy andy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2006 08:42
hi Jas

Midnite here

Glad to see your project still going well. At the moment im doing nothing but plan out my projects better on paper (due to my home PC being down, psu went bang, taken half my pc with it).

Hopefully, end of this month, i be up and running again (if my cpu is alright).

Anyway, good luck

To try this, I've got to be nuts!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:32:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:32:45