Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Change in Media License?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Excuse me if this is somewhere already covered but if it has, and there is a EULA that exists somewhere I apologize, but I've searched the forums here, my FPS Creator Disk, the Game Creators Site and if it does, it is not easily or readily available. What I have found is that there appears to have been a change in license/policy regarding the Media/Model Packs. There seemed to be a flurry of discusion about this back in April/March where I found these two quotes but nothing since. Regarding Model Pack 2(and 1 in the forum thread):

Quote: "Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 17:23
bond1
As far as the license, I don't care how you use these, you can use these in any commercial or non-commercial project, including non-FPSC stuff. Obviously you cannot sell these on their own or as part of any "pack". Hope that answers the licensing question."

Quote: "Richard Davey
Posted: 24th Mar 2006 05:11
The official response is:

You can use our models so long as they are being used in a game / application. We do not restrict which language you use to make that game with (fpsc, dbpro, blitz, etc).

You CANNOT sell the models, either on their own, or as part of a library - or as part of a library for an application you've made (say for example you created a 3D modelling package, you could not include our models with it, they have to be used WITHIN the application itself)."

This seems to fall directly in contrast to the current footer on the Media/Model Packs pages:

Quote: "This pack is for use with FPS Creator games only. It requires your FPS Creator serial number to install. The license does not permit you to use the media in any other game or application."

Any info on this would be helpful. A link to an EULA, an official clarification of what the license was/is, etc. in regard to using the Media/Models in non-FPS games, especially if the purchase was made prior to this apparent change (Sept 2005, April 2006 respectively).

- Alan
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 19:51 Edited at: 7th Nov 2006 19:52
Quote: "As far as the license, I don't care how you use these, you can use these in any commercial or non-commercial project, including non-FPSC stuff. Obviously you cannot sell these on their own or as part of any "pack". Hope that answers the licensing question.""

wasn't that a free model being released by bond1? if so he has the choice of whats in the liscense

Quote: "You can use our models so long as they are being used in a game / application. We do not restrict which language you use to make that game with (fpsc, dbpro, blitz, etc).

You CANNOT sell the models, either on their own, or as part of a library - or as part of a library for an application you've made (say for example you created a 3D modelling package, you could not include our models with it, they have to be used WITHIN the application itself)."

thats for the packs and models being sold on the tgc website. the ones being sold on the fpsc website are only alowed to be use in fpsc because they were made FOR fpsc so they can ONLY be used in fpsc legally

alanjames
Years of Service
User Offline
No, it wasn't a free model, it was from the "FPSC Media / Model Pack 2: FAQ" Forum.

The second quote also was from "FPSC Media / License of FPSC Model Pack 2"

- Alan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:29:33