Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / How do I animate weapons in 3ds max for export to FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I Have modeled a rifle and two hands and I know want to animate it.
Will it work if I use the bones that 3ds max has? When the animation is finished, should i export diffrent animations to diffrent .x files?
Example:
gun_Reload.x
gun_fire.x
gun_idle.x
etc

After the animation is complete, how do I then import it to FPSC?
Do I use the Entity Maker?

I would also like to have som shaders to my gun, I know how to do it when using the segment maker. But how do I do it if I don´t use the segment maker?

Sorry for my poor English.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 18:17
All animations go on one .x file. Look in a gunspec file to see how things are set up. The different animations are called by animation frame and not a different model.

There are tutorials in stickies for getting guns into FPSC, but I use a program called Weapon Creator by Codemaster located here http://wc.out-lawz.com. You can't use entity creator and get the results you want.

There's a currant thread dealing with shaders too. Please use the search engine. I realize your new by your join date, so I'll give you a fighting chance here and just say read all your FPSC documentation and read all the stickies in every part of the FPSC forums. There are also 2 different search engines located at the bottom of this page.

Welcome to the forums and don't worry about your English. We all pretty much speak typoesse fluently.

Loc
Jawo
Years of Service
User Offline
Locrian: Thanks.
So in order for me to create my own guns, with the look that I want, I have to buy myself another piece of software?

Shadow7: Yes, I know quite well how to animate in 3ds max. The problem is that you have to animate in a way that FPSC can understand.

I checked bond1s VTM on how you should rigg you characters for exporting to the .x format.
The problem with that is that he uses the Pandasoft exporter which dosen´t work for 3ds max 9. I tried to use dbconverter instead, but the skinning wouldn´t work.

If anyone is interrested on helping me out, I can provide you with my hand and rifle models.
There not really completed but they look ok.
It´s not the animation that I want helpt with, but getting the skinning to work in FPSC.

I´ll upload to images of my models soon.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 15:14 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 15:19
@Jawo:

You don't have to buy my program, It just saves you time and frustration. It's like using notepad to edit script files, when you could be using a dedicated script editor.
Up to you.

Thanks for the plug, Loc.

Jawo
Years of Service
User Offline
code master: Ok, sounds good.

Here is an image of my gun. I anyone could help me with getting the skinning to work in FPSC for me, I would gladly release my gun and arms for free fully animated and textured (as soon as I get that done).

The gun has a to many polygons at the moment, but that will soon be fixed.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:25:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:25:27