Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / i need help on colision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 03:42
when i make a player object i want only the player to die when it bumps in a monster. instead when monster bumps into other objects
it ends the game too. Im tryig to make it when the player (a cube)bump into monster it ends the program and says "game over".
can someone make a code snippet please just use your imagination.
i dont have a code snippet to this because I saved it to exe stand alone and erased all written code since didnt work. Just make a monster, a cube for player and make it end the program when the player bumps in the monster not when another object bumps into monster. i dont want it to end program when another object that is not a player object to end the program while monster has colision with it. thanks.( I learned more from beginers book for darkbasic better at it.more experience at coding .not much though...yet! but i will be learning more!!! you will know more about me if your not new new new like joined it a few days ago.) bye and good luck!!!

_Bach Tran

Bach Tran
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 15:20
thats easy

just add this to your code

if object collision (player,monster)=1 then end

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:29:05