Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Major Help Needed! Please Help Because It Is To Do With Coursework

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 18:30 Edited at: 8th Nov 2006 18:31
Hello,

I am creating a game using FPSC for my English coursework (Romeo & Juliet), but i cannot find some of the models i need to finish it. i would either import them myself or ask a friend to make them for me but it is due in on wed, so i really need the community's help on this one!!! All i ask for are some models of bushes, models of people in fancy dress and perhaps a car or 2. thats all i ask! i dont want to be flamed or told to bugger off and do it myself because i really do not have enough time right now for this, but it will be greatly apreciated,

Thanks,

James

P.S. Sorry if i have posted in the wrong section...

*Never was so much owed by so many to so few*- Winson churchil
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 18:39
request in the above thread of ours. we might be able help you out..!

HOPE has Wings
WWII Tommy
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks a bundle, SilverMasters!

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 18:52 Edited at: 8th Nov 2006 18:52
Quote: "I am creating a game using FPSC for my English coursework"

erm... not to sound like an old fart, but when I was in school, English was the understanding of language and literature... nothing to do with making first person shooters.

I'm superfly TNT
WWII Tommy
Years of Service
User Offline
i know i know, but we are pretending to be a teacher who organises how to teach 9 to 11 year olds about romeo and juliet, so i asked if i could make a game. the teacher said yes and if i do it well ill get an A* for my course work, that is 20% of my GCSE, YAY! anyway, i get what u mean, but im not pulling your legs, i am being serious...

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 19:38
Romeo and Juliet drove cars?

Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 19:50
Interesting use of FPSC, James. I'm afraid I don't have anything appropriate media-wise for the era to contribute, but I wish you the best of luck with the project.

Out of curiousity, would you consider posting the game in the "Showcase" forum once it has been completed (and graded of course)? I'm very curious about this - I think it's a great idea, would love to see what you create.

Again, best of luck.
WWII Tommy
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks alot,

in fact, it is set on the newer version of romeo and juliet that is set in modern times in Verona,Italy. Because of some stupid rules, i cannot add in guns for misconduct in coursework, but im going to finish it without them anyway

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 20:01
there is a pack out there called demo model pack it has trees and bushes but the link is dead. Its by the programmer I think.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
WWII Tommy
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm, ive been looking thoughout my models and i have the bushes, all that really matters is the hands...like in model pack 5...cheers

james

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 20:30
i like your idea, i might just steal it joke, its a shame i cant help u though....

@luke3pi,
theres a modern version of romeo and juliet, i cant remember what its called though.

WWII Tommy
Years of Service
User Offline
if u want, cause im only doing this for coursework for my GCSE, but i really need those people and hands!!! please, if you have anything, help me...

james

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 00:18
you could always buy model pack 5.

http://www.mk83productions.com http://www.freewebs.com/mk83
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 01:14
Sounds like an excuse to get some free work. Most people would'nt take on a project for school that they themself could not do. All sounds a bit fishy to me. And if it's not fishy, and it really is a school project(English? Huh?), this guys not going to pass the class anyways....Counting on others isn't real smart.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 03:39
i understand at some places there are projects like this, but this is very unlikely for something as important as GCSE coursework.

i had to write long essays, and so should you

WWII Tommy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 19:07 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 19:08
god, i cant beleave u guys dont beleave me...what do you take me for? and you dont know me at all so dont go making any sharp accusations about me, because i am a honest person...

and i am going to buy model pack 5 so to you...

the project itself is where we have to pretend to be a teacher trying to teach romeo and juliet to some kids aged 9 to 11, so i thought i would put in the extra effort and make a game for my coursework... my teacher thought it would be a great idea....im not adding in guns, all you have to do is find some peices of paper with the script of romeo and juliet on and the game is over... i am not lying and this is all true,i just thought it would be faster if you guys would help, but i take it u guys dont help anybody unless there is anything in it for you,

james

P.S. DONT YOU EVER MOCK MY INTELEGENCE, I AM ONE OF THE SMARTEST KIDS IN OUR YEAR AND I WORK AS HARD AS I CAN IN EVERYTHING I DO... YOU DO NOT KNOW IF I WILL PASS MY CLASS OR NOT...SO DONT MAKE UP THAT IDEA...

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 20:23
Quote: "god, i cant believe u guys don't believe me"
Why should we? Look at your join date. You know how many con's the community has heard as a whole? Your not owed respect, you earn it.

Quote: ".what do you take me for?"
Well from your thread I personally take you for a beggar. Though I don't speak for all, I'm sure I hit on many people's feelings.

Quote: "and you dont know me at all so dont go making any sharp accusations about me, because i am a honest person"
No I don't know you. But I wasn't commenting on your moral fiber. I was posting on the content of the thread which is clearly laid out by yourself. You'll find I never make any assumptions when I post. You may not like what I have to say, but this makes it none the less true. All of my observations/facts are taken directly from your threads. I need not make any assumptions about you. You've laid it all out for us. As for you being honest, I don't know one way or another. You may be telling the truth. My comment wasn't about your honesty but your derailed train of thought. You act like we owe you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to what you say. I say common sense states that it's up to you to prove your honest, and not me accepting it blindly. This is the internet after all. How dumb would it be for everyone to believe everyone that says something on the internet. They all say their being honest. If that's the case, I really do wanna become up to 8 inches longer as my junk email box tells me I can.

Quote: "but i take it u guys don't help anybody unless there is anything in it for you"

(LOC EDIT), gas, or grass......no one rides for free.

Quote: "P.S. DONT YOU EVER MOCK MY INTELEGENCE, I AM ONE OF THE SMARTEST KIDS IN OUR YEAR AND I WORK AS HARD AS I CAN IN EVERYTHING I DO... YOU DO NOT KNOW IF I WILL PASS MY CLASS OR NOT...SO DONT MAKE UP THAT IDEA..."

Man you can't even complete a sentence, and your use of punctuations is abomimitable. "INTELEGENCE" is spelt 'INTELLIGENCE'. I call it how I see it. And your post only further my own arguments on the subject.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:32:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:32:50