Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / xenocythe can you make a maze game code for me? i really need help.(dbc)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 03:21
xenocythe i need you to make a maze game for me if you want to. I need to have some monsters going back and forward but if you get hit by one youll have to decrease a life. Im not so good at collisions and how health works and everything else so can you make a example for me. (DBC)

Bach Tran
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 04:36
1) why xenocythe? He's a great programmer, but others can help too.
2) stop asking for codes, you'll never learn how to do anything, ask for theory behind how to do it instead
3) try for yourself before asking
4) stop making so many posts asking xenocythe to give you codes

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 04:50
No.

Your lucky that AI example was there, I wouldn't just make one for you cuz you wanted it.

Now your asking me for a whole game? This is ridiculous. Go read all the tutorials you can find. You'll learn some code. Even then will you not be able to ask for someone to code a whole game! No matter how sincere or nice they are!

You say you make games, but it really doesn't look like it. It looks like you put a bunch of code together and call it yours.

So are we clear? This is the last time you will ask for code? I mean, asking for help is fine, but her are some examples that will get you hated and flamed:

Can I have a code for a maze game?
Can I have a code for an rpg game?
Can I have a code for an fps game?
Can I have a code for a game?

You understand where I'm going with this? You have to do every bit of code by yourself, unless supplied in a tutorial or something. Its called making a game. What you are doing is not making a game. You are doing almost absolutely nothing, asking for code, putting it together, then saying "This is the game I made".

I was O.K. with the AI because it was something commonly asked and I already had an example for it. But this, this is a game. Thats ridiculous.

I don't think your mentally mature enough for programming. I'm not saying your stupid or anything, just saying you might not be old enough. Don't take it harshly.

(Sorry if I flamed too much, or went too berserk, but what would you say if someone asked you for AI code... then asked you for a game that he could claim his?)

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 05:23 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 05:24
@Xenocythe: ditto.

EDIT: And Gamer Making, I'd suggest changing your name, it just sounds stupid, like you don't know English. Why not "Game Maker" or just "Gamer"?

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 09:09
...or "Maker me a Game"

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 15:59 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 19:09
Quote: "i need you to make a maze game for me"

thats just rude..

EDIT:
Quote: " i really need help.(dbc)"

and if i may quote you from another post you made..
Quote: "I cant make a game on dbp to work."

I dont understand, you had darkbasic pro, and suddenly you started using darkbasic classic? ???

One is the lonliest number...
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
well you could at least try have a go at it your self just find a picture of a dirds eye vies of a maze in black and white and use it as a hieght map

http://www.darkdonkeygraphics.tk

Soroki
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 20:11
I have a suggestion. Learn some 2D codeing. Make a simple maze using sprites and some collision effects. It isn't that hard. Putting all the sprites together would be hard, but not too terribly difficult. I could make a 2D maze game easily. 3D is where it gets annoying.

Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 20:13 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 20:14
i have to disagree with you soroki, i think that 3d is much easier and better to control.

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 21:50
Quote: "I dont understand, you had darkbasic pro, and suddenly you started using darkbasic classic? ???"

I'm betting his Darkbasic Pro Trial is up and he downloaded the Darkbasic Classic trial.
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah, that is probably it..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 11:33:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 11:33:05