Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Load Models from Model Pack in GameSpace v 1.6

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having problems loading the DirectX files for almost all the models from the different model packs into game space. When I click on the .X file to load I just get a box that says error and nothing else. Some of the models like the health packs, switches, and weapons will load, but they load with an error about a problem with the direct x file. The model is displayed on the screen but sections of the model appear to be missing.

Is there something that must be selected in the settings of the open dialog to bring in the .x files to Gamespace? I tried playing with some of the options and still didn't have any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 15:22
Gamespace's .X import and export have problems. The way I worked around it was to use Ultimate Unwrap 3D as a converter. I imported the .X file from FPSC, then converted it to .3DS, then imported it into GameSpace. I imagine you can use Milkshape in the same manner.

-Keith

Paul_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, I will find a utility to convert them and give it a try. I tried to purchase Ultimate Unwrap 3d several times and the orders keep coming back cancelled. I tried through share it twice and about 3 hours later the order is cancelled. I also tried through Kagi and the same thing.

I sent them an email to support asking how to purchase it about 2 weeks ago and never heard anything from them.

Thanks,
Paul

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:24:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:24:24