Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Alpha Cloth Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 18:13 Edited at: 9th Nov 2006 18:19
While working on my FPS engine - Alpha Glow - I created lots of in-house dev tools to work with. I also wanted to fully use features that 3D Cloth & Particles Expansion Pack gives. For WYSIWYG particle creation I use BatVink's SmartParticles, but for cloth there wasn't such tools so I decided to make my own.

It's called Alpha Cloth Editor and it gives you the following possibilities:

Create cloth with desired size, segment count, elasticity and mass
Fix box region gives you the ability to fix any region of your cloth
You can 'shoot' with collision objects and see how your cloth reacts to collision
Gravity and wind is applied and are fully controllable
Load and save created cloth to a *.clt file for use in your game
Windows interface

Are there any-one who is interested in this tool, because I heard that DarkPHYSICS supports more advanced cloth simulation and there are not many who uses this plugin.

If there will be people who want to use this then I'm going to finish it (not much left, only some small tweaks).

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBP 6.2
http://www.myspace.com/producerolby

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 19:49
This cloth reacts in engine!? Like if player walks through it? If its then kewl.

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 20:16
if it works in game without needing dp then cool

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 20:41
This is pretty awesome. I hope you're seen my MapScript thing. Do you mind if I add functionality for this? That would allow people to easily place cloths in levels just like anything else in my program. You'll find it in WIP.

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Remember that you need 3D Cloth & Particles Expansion Pack to use it, I just created a visual editor tool. This does not require DarkPHYSICS, but as I said you will need 3D Cloth & Particles Expansion Pack to use it while you are coding your game. I probably was misunderstand.

AMD Sempron 3.1+ Ghz, 512MB Ram, ATI R9550 256MB Ram, Sound Blaster Live!, WinXP SP2, DirectX 9.0c, DBP 6.2
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 17:46
It looks cool, but really I think adding DarkPhysics support would be great, DP's cloth is really cool, you can actually rip it to bits and stuff. Perhaps it would be straightforward, just ignore the parameters or adjust them depending on it's target physics engine. There's a video of DP's cloth effects somewhere in the DP/DAI forum.

''Stick that in your text and scroll it!.''
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 18:27 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 18:27
I cant add DP support because I yet don't own DP. Actually I think that 3d Cloth is more versatile for simple things like spider nets, curtains etc. where cloth is not the main element of the game-play because i think DP will be overhead to use for such simple things, and still DP needs additional drivers installed and lots of people does not have them yet. This is just a simple cloth designer tool for my engine, and as I said before if there are people who need this tool I would be glad to release it to wider public which I don't do quite often!

Olby

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 18:27:53