Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / A Request: Ninja Kura

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 11:53 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2003 18:00
Hi,

I would be really grateful if you guys would download and try our game Ninja Kura for the retro competition. Rich said that the game crashes while loading but I downloaded it again and it runs fine on both of my two computers here at home. I'm really frustated about not winning the competition because of some stupid bug . It is a worthy download(if it runs that is) because the game features..

1) Several realtime 3D cutscenes complete with camera and voice animations.
2) Several wonderful music tracks composed by my talented brother.
3) Good 3D graphics.
4) Hints and tricks and behind the scene images if you finish the game.

There's more to it but I'm just pointing out 4 of them. It's only an 8 mb download. If you guys find any errors or bugs, please post them here.

http://darkbasic.fileburst.com/retro/59_Ninja_Kura_by_Asri_Computer_Entertainment.zip

If you're too tired to scroll down , just click the following link for some screens:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=235579

Thank you,
Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
Overdroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 13:37 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2003 13:37
Hey AsriCE,
I downloaded the game from your link above, unzipped it and then tried to play it and it gave me this error.

NINJA KURA caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:b00dc210.
Registers:
EAX=f13bf000 CS=015f EIP=b00dc210 EFLGS=00010286
EBX=00000004 SS=0167 ESP=00bbf194 EBP=00bb81ae
ECX=0000113e DS=0167 ESI=f128819c FS=0157
EDX=00bbf18c ES=0167 EDI=f13b43c7 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:

"Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand."
- Unknown.
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 14:18
Hmm.. it ran fine here and at some of my friends' PC. When did it say the error? during loading? What's your PC spec? The game was developed under a P4 1.8 GHz, 320 RAM, GeForce 2 MX400 & Win XP PC.

If only I had some space to upload the screenshots . I really wanted people to play my game. Thanks for your time downloading and trying it, I appreciate that.

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 14:48
Alright so I found a host to upload the screenshots. Just click on the following link..

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=235579

Enjoy,
Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 15:03 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2003 15:05
Hello again,

The screens seems to be dark. Maybe this is due to the 'picture-compression' feature provided by the host to make the file smaller in size. But the actually game won't be as dark. On btw, anybody else having trouble with the game?

Enjoy,
Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 15:14
Send them to me, I'll host the shots for you and a new EXE if you manage to compile a version that works on most peoples PCs.

I really wanted to see this game in action

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
yates
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool game.
Cut scenes tend to get a bit tedious though.

KuRi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey! It works perfect for me! Amd 1800xp 256 DDR geforce2 mx.

It is very nice looking!. Although i haven't played too much. Nice speech and music!

What a pity it has not been judged... :_(

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 16:23
wow, that's one cool game. Yeah, the cut-scenes got a bit tedious but they where awesome! haven't played much though, i'll try and complete it later on!

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 17:50 Edited at: 24th Apr 2003 02:27
Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you. You guys don't know how happy I'm feeling right now x-d x-d x-d, although I didn't win. Have you guys cracked up the combat keys yet? You can also skip the cutscenes by pressing the "Escape Key".

Three people already ran the game fine, well, except for Overdroid. Keep trying dude. So, how about it Rich? Just try it again on your machine and if it works now then obviously you must've mistaken my game with someone elses.

Thanks,
Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 18:07
There was no mistake, it simply crashed on loading. I'll try it again and post the error (it was a standard DB error). As I said already though if you want to send me shots I'll change the download page. I'll update the review if I can ever get to see the thing.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2003 18:31
Yo Asri CE Crew!

Awesome game dude! Both cut-scenes & gameplay! Not only that, those voice u recorded are also waaaay kewl bro!

The one thing that cracks me up is:

"TV3 - Teman Setia Anda!!!" Wahahahahahaha!!!
Turtles watching TV3!!!

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2003 02:22 Edited at: 24th Apr 2003 02:26
Rich:
I'll try sending some screenshots to you when I get back from school later. It's nice if I can get a review of the game.

Snake:
How do you know that phrase? Or have you heard it before trying the game? That phrase was taken from one TV channel in Asia. So, did you finish the game?

Anybody else tried the game already? Well, if you haven't, just download it and tell me what you think, okay? It's nice to hear some feedbacks from the players and how you all think of the game.

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2003 03:11 Edited at: 24th Apr 2003 03:12
i'm still in the game, switching between windows of my work & the Turtles but the effort put into its design & gameplay definitely is at best quality

btw, as i recall, the phrase is suppose to come for RTM, not TV3!
why didn't ya put RTB phrase instead?

CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, just downloaded it. Awsome! A few programming glitches here and there, such as the text not matching the speech all the time. Other then that, it's pretty great. So you programmed it and made all the 3D Models and your brother made the music. Is that correct? If it is, I may have something that may interest you...

The only way to prevent all lag in a game is not to make the game.
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2003 14:41
First of all, thanks for the reply. I've just returned from school and played bowling and pool with my friends to release the tension off my mind. But I kept on thinking about the compo which made me more depressed; working the game out for two months just to know that in the end, the game crashes while Rich was judging. It's like I'm doing something for nothing, but I'm not blaming anyone. At least I've got people who actually liked the game.

Snake:
Yeah, the phrase was from RTM. But by saying "reporting out, RTM", it just doesn't suit the way the dialog goes. I'm curious, how do you know RTM And RTB? UK is so far from Asia.

CompuWiz:
Yes, that is right. I programmed the game, directed it, modelled the 3D graphics and texture. My brother composed the music, sound effects and he has lent me so much of his assistance. Without him, the game just wouldn't go anywhere or even exist. So, I'm taking this opportunity to thank him. Thank you my dear brother. So CompuWiz, what is it that you have in mind that may interest me?

To All Ninja Kura Players:
- What are the specs of your PC when you played the game?
- Any of you having any trouble with the game?
- Do you need any assistance playing the game?
- Have you cracked any special moves by combining the combat keys?(There are 4 special moves in this compo version. Finish the game and you'll see the procedure for it, or just look at the source .)
- If you have the time, then I would really appreciate it if you would post a review of the game; listing out the the pros and cons, rating the game out of 10 etc. It would be really nice to have some feedback from the users itself.

If so, then please reply here.

Thanks for your time downloading and playing the game, I really appreciate it.

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2003 21:40 Edited at: 24th Apr 2003 21:44
Well, I haven't finished playing it yet. I accidentally hit compile while looking at the source, and it's like that 100th compile where it requests the DBPro CD, which of course I can't find. But as soon as I find it, I'll review the game for you

Anyways, yes I do have something that may interest you. I own a game development company called New Age Development. We develop games for PC, Xbox, and Gamecube. We are currently developing a cross-platform game for the those three systems. However, development is currently going EXTREMELY slow because we only have 1 programmer, and one of our 3D Modeller decided he hated 3D Modelling and left, taking the other two with him. Also, our music artist lives in Japan (he just flys out here to the studio sometimes, or he just does it there and emails the file.). We have no problems with him, but your brother does seem quite tallented.

So, if you would be interested in programming and/or 3D modelling for my company (technically a corporation but thats ok), it would be much appreciated. Also, if your brother is interested in doing music, that would be wonderful too. All three jobs (programming, modelling, and music) are paying of course. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll give you more details.

-EDIT
By the way, I got it to run on my Sony VAIO laptop. Specs:
AMD Athalon 2.4 Ghz Processor
Windows XP Home
NVidia GeForce 3
Running DBPro 4.0 and Direct X 9.0 (I think its 9)
17" screen
140 gig hard drive (1)
100 gig hard drive (2)
512 mb ram
1024x768x32 resolution
Um, if you need any more stats let me know.

AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 05:45 Edited at: 25th Apr 2003 05:47
CompuWiz:
Ninja Kura was developed using DBC not pro. The memblock sturctures used between the two products are not the same, so you need DBC and DarkMatter in order to compile the game. But that wouldn't work either, because some of the medias are included with the executable file.

About the offer, yes, that does interest me but as you can see, I'm still schooling and I'm currently doing my 'A' Levels this year and the same goes to my brother. So, we don't really have the time to do those tasks on regular basis. We've sacrificed two months just to finish off Ninja Kura because I know that this kind of competition just don't come very often and sometimes we slept late working on the game trying our best to match the quality of the game with the prizes because only excellent quality DB games will deserve the best reward. So, maybe next time. Thanks for the offer though. [Edit]Btw, do you have any website that I can take a look at and see your works.

To Others:
Over 100 views but only 6 downloaded and posted? C'mon you guys, give us some support will ya, so that we don't feel the effort put into the game is a waste. But thanks for viewing anyway.

Thanks,
Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
CompuWiz
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah yes, I know what it feels like to be in school and work on a game at the same time. However, if you are interested at a steady job either on location or over the internet in the future, just let me know. Also, for now, if you and/or your brother would be interested in some free lance work (as in just making a single model and being paid for it) that would be superb also (and of course you would still be paid greatly). As to Ninja Kura, I could just download it again. Also, yes my companies website is www.newagedevelopment.com

AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2003 12:10
CompuWiz:
I think we can do some freelance work during our free time but we won't guarantee anything. We only do models and music. Just email me the details and we'll think over it first.

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2003 16:36
Hello,

There are no download for the past few days but here for a reminder: Ninja Kura will expire in about a week time, this is because Ninja Kura was developed using DBC Dark Matter Trial. So for whoever wishes to play the game, then you may do so before the expiry date.

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 02:15
Hi Asri CE Crew!

I didn't play it much (as much as I didn't play all the games much). I've been busy with work 'till May. Just to let u know, these are my comments about ur game last I played it:

1. The controls just need a bit tweeking, 'cause it somehow runs too fast on me PC.
2. The camera angles also somehow needs to be slightly tweek, because when ur character is standing behind a wall, the camera went blank out by focusing directly on the turtle's shell.

Well, my comments maybe based on my PC specs:
Win ME
DirectX 8.1
50 Gigs
128Mb RAM
Pentium 3 605Mhz
Intel(r) 82810 Graphic Controller

AsriCE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2003 10:38
Thanks for the reply Solidz Snake. About the camera issue, I'm using the Set Camera To Follow command, the camera will reposition itself when it collides with any static collision boxes.

I'll probably upload a new version of it including all the medias if I get enough replies.

Asri CE Crew

Anak Brunei!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:16:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:16:25