Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Bumping Old Threads. Should there be a new rule?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 22:03
Hi All

Ive been seeing this alot and others here have also... So making a thread that gives everybody a chance to chime in and say there 2 cents worth hopefully this may give others the idea on how annoying this is for most of us...

I totally understand we all want to comment on any threads that we choose to go into and sure we should be able to.... But bumping old threads with single word comments like yes, there is, I know, or the famous "BUMP" has to be extremely annoying to most.

So if you guys feel there should be a new rule about how people are bumping old threads or tag teaming threads to keep theres ontop then feel free to say your peace here. I know this is the model section but this is probably the best place to post this considering this is where the most abuse is happening.

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 22:10
i completeley agree, really i think that after 1 month with out posts a thread should automatically be locked unlessed stickied

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 22:28
actually, the rule is that you can't bump all threads, but the MODS don't seem to be enforcing it or doing anything about it.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 22:52
I think there already is a rule, though it may not be a written one, so the question would be one of enforcement and that is up to the MOD's. It seems like a tough to enforce and difficult to rule on kind of thing.

I feel your pain brother, but you have to remember where you're at. There are a lot of easily bored kids who want to post something but don't know what.

Best.

The forum provides a means to hide our true identity. Too bad we always screw up and let it be seen.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand what you saying but bumping can be a good think if the item you post has been pushed down to the bottom of the pile by silly post so bumping it just in case anyone missed it is not such a bad thing, but i do think just bumping old threads for no reason at all is wrong as well with silly yes and wolf remarks.

It hard to rule this sort of think like xplosys said.

Im a wizz at texturing toilets
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 01:00
Okay.
If you look through the threads you will see some of them are locked.
If someone bumps an old thread and you are unhappy about it please e-mail a mod and maybe we can get to it quicker.
I think it should be like three months or something like that.
But then there are threads which need to stay open...stickies and stuff like that.
We as mods do try to give the forum member the most flexible ways of posting in threads.
There is no exact date written in stone.
People who continually bump old threads are in violation of the AUP and the mods will take care of it sooner or later.
And I am taking care of this problem right now.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 01:02
Quote: "actually, the rule is that you can't bump all threads, but the MODS don't seem to be enforcing it or doing anything about it.
"

Who do you think locks all these bumped threads? If a thread is bumped, and it contains something that can benefit the community, then I generally leave it be (i.e. free media). If someone bumps a thread, just to bring it back up to the top, and it is one of those threads that was basically just a few people talking to each other...then it will get locked.

There are hundreds of posts a day, and a small number of us (who do have lives outside of these forums); we do what we can.

-Keith

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 01:44
I think that threads older than a few months should be reviewed and all usable content added to an archive thread. The stuff that serves no purpose at all should eb deleted.

RF

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we should SLAY bumpers

(not actually, just on the forum)

Your signature was too large.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:16
Quote: "The stuff that serves no purpose at all should be deleted."

I ususally go through the FPSC forums every week or two and delete threads that serve no purpose.
I don't delete very many if I don't have to.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...which means a thrad that may have no useful purpose to one member might have a useful purpose for another.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:19
Quote: "There are hundreds of posts a day, and a small number of us (who do have lives outside of these forums); we do what we can."

@KeithC - I know you guys work hard and with no thanks from us on the forum...So let me Thank you now for trying your best to keep an evenly consistant flow to this forum.

@ Everybody else - Thank you all for coming in and speaking your mind and voicing your opinions not everybody will ever see eye to eye and thats actually a good thing. Heck even I am wrong from time to time...sometimes even more... But most the people who have come here are responsible people who care about this community and are trying there best to keep this forum full of information, content, and fresh ideas... Thats why I was posting this thread to see if there was new ideas on helping this community prosper and I believe I made my point as did others... And for that I thank you all...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:42
I agree withh deleting old and or bumped threads, but be sure to keep stuff that is free and or that helps the comuntiy.

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:42
FredP- I know you guys do a good job on these forums, but there are over 90 pages of stuff that are outdated. there is alot of useless stuff that would probably cut this board in half if not more.

RF

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 02:48
If I cut out anything that has any kind of instructions or media involved I might be taking a resource away from someone.
Maybe we need an archive or something.
I try to keep the top page in all of the FPSC boards in good shape...sometimes it is a losing battle.
I agree that there is a lot of nonsense that we probably need to do away with.
I try to leave as much of that as possible to those wiser than myself.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 03:28
I Think an archive would be best, have one for media and then a section for written stuff.

RF

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 03:43 Edited at: 13th Nov 2006 03:44
Quote: "Who do you think locks all these bumped threads? If a thread is bumped, and it contains something that can benefit the community, then I generally leave it be (i.e. free media)."

i wasn't insulting MODS or anything like that, all i was saying was that sometimes when people do that, the MODS don't comment or tell them that they can't do that, or lock it. I think that they are doing a pretty good job considering all the people that do it countless times though.

Quote: "So making a thread that gives everybody a chance to chime in and say there 2 cents worth hopefully this may give others the idea on how annoying this is for most of us..."

that was just my 2 cents worth.

sorry if I offended any of the MODS in any way, shape, or form.

dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2006 06:39
what are you doing?? there is already a rule agaainced bumping, leave it be! unless you make a post and everyone ignores you...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:32:27